mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It's fun because it's more gratifying, plus you don't leave the field thinking "man, I just spent $100 to play paintball for a single day!"
MrEcted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
I played this past weekend at the family farm. Took my little brother and nephew out for their first game and my older brother tagged along. I gave the kids semi's and we got pumps. We kept changing up teams and sides of the field. Everyone had fun and had lots to talk about at the end of the day. Limited paint makes for a lighter more movement orientated game.

My Feedback
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
K-Sooo?

haha i don't play it cause its cheap, i just enjoy it. though i have to say in the past 3 months of play every saturday (minus 3 of them cause of new baby) i've only spent 85 bucks (a case of paint thats lasted me the whole time, have one bag left, and 5 dollar field fee)
xXMetalHead89Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
When you shed the bulky pod-packs, drop the electros, and grab some ten round tubes and a pump?

I'm a player that for the longest time carried over a case of paint and spare-air on me, and provided heavy cover fire.

Why didn't I ALWAYS do this?! It saves money, saves air, saves carrying too much weight, and its so rewarding!
Last game, I almost did this. I put away the 98C with super RT and 450 hopper, and 15+ pods for a single game, for an A5 with Tac Cap and 4 pods to last 2 games.

From suppressive fire walking to running and sliding (first time sliding), flanking, really getting up in the game. It was fun. Most fun I have had in a while and it was cheap. The whole day, I used a little less than a case (normally 4 cases or more).

Now I got to push it a little further and go from the A5 with Tac cap to my pumps.

First things first though, I got to get into shape. I was sore for about a week after changing to the A5 with all the running and sliding .

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
allergic to phone calls

Quote:
(normally 4 cases or more)
In my neck of the woods that paint alone would run you $300 - $640 depending on which field we're talking about, and that's for field-grade balls.

After coming back from an injury earlier this season I decided I'd dust off the electro and "treat" myself to case for the day, instead of playing pump. Didn't really have any fun shooting 2,000 field-grade balls, so I switched back to the pump with a few tubes of Evil on the wrist... fun ensued.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpackrat View Post
From suppressive fire walking to running and sliding (first time sliding), flanking, really getting up in the game. It was fun. Most fun I have had in a while and it was cheap. The whole day, I used a little less than a case (normally 4 cases or more).
i agree with him, wtf. i use less than a case a day playing semi...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

I got bored with the game, I picked up my ex field rental SL-II and have been mainly pump ever since. Then I got bored with the SL and went with a 40 round box, then I went to a vert setup SL , Then I went to a SC tube I made for it then I got an E2 frame and played electro and nearly quit. I picked up my SL, ended up buying a sniper then I sold it and converted my E2 to back to a mech sniper. I got bored of that after a while and bought a 5th hand phantom. Then put a SC feed on it. Ive been mainly SC for several years now. However ive gotten tired of that and have started playing mostly with single shot pistols (PGP conversions).

Eventually the novelty will wear off of that and im sure when it happens ill most likely take a vacation.

The most fun I had recently on a field was with no gun but a deck of cards. OTB I took the fifty and immediatly started a game of solitare, You will get a lot of strange looks doing that.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpackrat View Post
(normally 4 cases or more)
I too 'd at this.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
When you shed the bulky pod-packs, drop the electros, and grab some ten round tubes and a pump?

I'm a player that for the longest time carried over a case of paint and spare-air on me, and provided heavy cover fire.

Over the last year, I've adjusted to play a lot more sparingly. Just today, I took my C3 pump, a 50 count hopper, 8 ten round tubes... and proceeded to rack up 11 hits in a 20 minute assault game. But unlike my old days, I didn't do it with suppressive fire, I crawled around through the brush, 'ninja'd players, and all around played a much more active and dangerous style of play.

Why didn't I ALWAYS do this?! It saves money, saves air, saves carrying too much weight, and its so rewarding!

I'm in the exact same boat man. Two years ago I built an SP1 Double Trouble and carried 14+ pods and two tanks to a BYOP scenario. Went through 6 cases in a day. Now don't get me wrong, that was FUN. But somehow, not nearly as fun as running around with 20 tubes and a DSG.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
I have found similar happenings for my switch to pump. When i played semi i would go through 3 bags of paint or more a day, but when i switched to open class i used about 750 rounds a day. when i got a stock class gun i went down to about 500 rounds a day if that. Yea that still a lot for a stock class but I just love shooting paint i guess :P
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1376133
TonsOfFun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone