mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #21 (permalink)

I take it one step past pumps and play with pistols. Feels great to rush up against your opponent and catch them by surprise!
AbortedPost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.L. east side View Post
In my neck of the woods that paint alone would run you $300 - $640 depending on which field we're talking about, and that's for field-grade balls.
Good thing I can get good paintballs for $30-$35 a case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i agree with him, wtf. i use less than a case a day playing semi...
Suppressive fire, 450 round hopper, can pack about 2500 rounds into a game, keeping heads down for others to run up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliz View Post
I too 'd at this.
I'm a slower bigger guy, I played what best fit me, a mobile gunner.

I'm losing some weight and lack of $$$ for paint, I changed styles. I like this newer kind of play and will be going with it for a while.

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Castro #66

Newer style of play? For you, I suppose that's true. :-P

As long as I've been playing pump and "slow semi", I did feel a bit of satisfaction tearing some people apart at LL3 after all my pump hits were wiped the first day. The first time I've podded in-game for years.

TRUST
TRUSTER
Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Switched to mostly pump play after the first couple of times out playing paintball and am still mostly a pumper rocking some sort of nelson (phantoms and now a gargoyle). Some days though I just can't seem to hit anything with my VSC pump setups and that is when I break out the "mini" mini (pocket hopper and 13/3000) or mag rifle (19 round springfeed). Still pretty much the same style of play, lots of moving, ninjaing and snapping but with the ability to put a second ball near/on the target without the rock n cock.

Really though in most 15 min rec games I go through less than 35 rounds regardless of what I playing with.

My Feedback:
Paulzors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Y'all are funny. Espousing how the game is purer, and so much more fun playing with a pump, whatever. You are almost as elitist in the opposite direction and the little tourney agg boys.

Even electros have a trigger and semi modes that can be controlled through user will. You can only carry a hopper of paint on the field, and actually limit yourself to what you shoot.
The important thing is getting out, with whatever you want to use, and have a good time, be a good sport, and play with honor.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Y'all are funny. Espousing how the game is purer, and so much more fun playing with a pump, whatever. You are almost as elitist in the opposite direction and the little tourney agg boys.

Even electros have a trigger and semi modes that can be controlled through user will. You can only carry a hopper of paint on the field, and actually limit yourself to what you shoot.
The important thing is getting out, with whatever you want to use, and have a good time, be a good sport, and play with honor.
What thread did you just read?

I don't recall many (if any) of the people here acting like elitists. An elitist is someone that believes the ONLY proper way to play is how they play. Thats not at all the general atmosphere of this thread. Its what the individuals are finding more fun, and why. Hell, the largest reason I changed playstyle was financial. I just was surprised to find the low-paint way to be more fun. I thought I'd hate the change.

But now, find it more fun to play with low-paint. (I don't even care if its pump/pistol/semi, its more the low-paint factor) as it makes for a much more interesting and aggressive style of play.

I actually -want- my opponents to play high paint. (Or whatever they want) Strategies change greatly from going against someone high paint or someone low paint. Someone else low paint (to me) is far more dangerous because they aren't shooting enough for me to follow when my heads down, and are more likely to be where I don't want them to me. Like behind me, or at my sides.

Regardless, I didn't think that ny
Old 08-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post

I've been hearing this "elitist" thing on MCB a whole lot lately. I mean, I'm sorry...are we making some of you guys feel insecure about your play styles?

It's like thinking that guys who drive stickshift are hifalutin elitist snobs and are looking down on automatic drivers. Do you honestly just want us to stop talking about how we like pump guns? Do you want us to just silently enjoy our chosen gear? It's a forum - you'd better expect people to talk about what they like.

How exciting would forum discussion be if everyone just neutered their opinion into middle of the road nothingness? It would be like MCB, brought to you by CNN. Liking pump play over semi play and telling people about it doesn't make you an elitist.

Last edited by russc; 08-05-2010 at 03:54 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
Its a game, it takes skill no matter what gear you are using. It just takes a bit more skill to eliminate your opponent when they are shooting 11 bps before ramping kicks in and you have a mechanical limitation of about 4 bps. I also play all styles of paintball and don't favor one over the other. This thread is about the simple fun of losing all the excess gear and playing with limited paint and air IIRC.

My Feedback
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Maybe noone cares when the lose at pump. No "pride" on the line if you will. Just playing for fun, and if you lose you lose and noone cares?

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical-X View Post
Eventually the novelty will wear off of that and im sure when it happens ill most likely take a vacation.
I'm pretty sure this guy hit the nail on the head. Its all about doing something different than what you normally do that brings back some excitement. Its no longer routine.

When I started playing paintball it was 12 grams and 10 round tubes. Nelson's and PMI-1's were the norm. A bag of 100 paintballs would last the whole weekend.

Then I got my first pump rifle with 50 round hopper and it was awesome. Firefights got bigger and more intense.

Then I got my automag, played with that for years. It was awesome. Could lay prone without having to fight the ground to pump my rifle. Carried 150 paintballs in the hopper. It was so much better than playing pump with 10 rounds.

Just bought an Emag a few months ago, and I'm loving the ridiculous amount of firepower. Where as before I used carry only what fit in my hopper, now I'm toting 4 pods around with me, heavy gun, heavy powered hopper, etc.. I'm an adult in an established career and I can afford a couple of cases of paint for the weekend scenario game and I love it.

While I'm a bit behind the electro curve, its new to me, so the novelty is still there, and probably one day I'll wake up and decide that I'm tired of carrying all that weight, I'll change up my play style.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone