mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Saw a 'good' use of ramping the other day.

I guess where some people draw the line at stock class pump, open class pump, mech semi or electro semi, I generally stop at ramping. That's not much, I know.

I never cared for ramping, but finally saw something that at least fit the moment.

A young guy about 12 years old was testing his mini out before a game. His fingers would flail away, but he was only getting 5 or 6 shots per second. His ramping would kick in after a second or so and was set around 11 or 13. Considering all of the older (16 and up) group around, it seemed very fair. I doubt it helped much, but he seemed comfortable with it.

When he gets his trigger straightened out, I'm not sure about that...
Old 08-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Not Popular

ramping has crippled the newest generation of players who simply don't know how to walk a trigger. its pretty pathetic.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
when in doubt EBD

I try to cap around 8

914 Dogs of War (Major)

Aztec Warriors scenario team Texas
Member of Land Sharks

I do home lending in Texas. Need a house let me know if nothing else its free advice.
seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerpunk View Post
ramping has crippled the newest generation of players who simply don't know how to walk a trigger. its pretty pathetic.
It really looked like a training wheels thing. I'm pretty sure he will get tired of that kick-in lag eventually. Hopefully someone will have a chance to help him out before he just sets it to auto.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
I don't mind ramiping when it's 10bps or so. it's the douches that ramp 16bps that I want to insert the barrel in them and ramp for a hopper
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I guess where some people draw the line at stock class pump, open class pump, mech semi or electro semi, I generally stop at ramping. That's not much, I know.

I never cared for ramping, but finally saw something that at least fit the moment.

A young guy about 12 years old was testing his mini out before a game. His fingers would flail away, but he was only getting 5 or 6 shots per second. His ramping would kick in after a second or so and was set around 11 or 13. Considering all of the older (16 and up) group around, it seemed very fair. I doubt it helped much, but he seemed comfortable with it.

When he gets his trigger straightened out, I'm not sure about that...
not really a good use if you ask me. he needs to get his motor skills figured out if he's already 12 years old.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Does anyone really need that much paint? You should give him a mag or Phantom and teach him how to aim, that would be a better training tool.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerpunk View Post
Ehh, I always figured that being able to wiggle your fingers very quickly was not part of the skill set the competition was intended to measure. Ramping pulled it out of the skill set.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Ramping is always stupid in every context.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

If you played back in the days of uncapped semi, and before bounce was seriously dealt with, ramping was one of the best things to happen to the game as far as leveling the playing field. For a couple of years there it was hopper max, full on 23+BPS wailing away at everyone and everything. I, for one, was glad to see something done to reign that mess in.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone