mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Im glad to see 2 straps as standard on a mask. Its not a bad idea. Hell I ALMOST wish i kept my chin strap on my flex sometimes as I have had my mask bounce up just under hard running despite being placed correctly with a good tight strap.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB FF CHAMPION

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPB-Rogue View Post
It may be bit of overdone hype on their part, but as someone who plays exclusively woods/scenario and relies a lot on stealth in how I play, that simple color addition to the line just made the Profit that little bit more appealing to me. Although, it would be nice if the whole thing was tan, or at least the lettering on the strap was too.
That is total BS. There are any number of readily available colors for woods/scenario. Additionally, there are many people that can do the stealth thing with actual colors, not dark or subdued colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
cmon, it's a press release, they gotta make it exciting somehow, cut them some slack.
This is the problem, it is just a freaking color.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I'm not sure how an OPINION can be BS Harb. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I never said there WEREN'T other colors available, but in the Profit lineup there's really only regular old US woodland style, or an ACU-ish digital. Some people are particular about how their gear matches, and personally, I don't like non-matching camo patterns. I use all MARPAT gear because I feel it blends best around the area I play and neither of those patterns really matches it. Does it matter? No, not really, but its one of the reasons why I wouldn't have looked at a Profit before, when other masks are available in solid colors that work with my gear, like OD and Tan.

And before we rekindle this argument again: I know you don't NEED camo or subdued colors to be stealthy. But I don't think you can really argue that it doesn't at least help a little. I choose my gear to help my playing style and not hinder it.

I don't see why this kind of stuff always has to be an argument and an insult-flinging fest. We as players have another option for gear. Its not a bad thing. If you don't happen to like that option then you don't have to buy it. Its really not that big of a deal.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mind Detonator

the masks dont seem that great but im happy to see the small sizers available, since i just bought seven of those barrel kits for our own guns.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB FF CHAMPION

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
I'm not sure how an OPINION can be BS Harb. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I never said there WEREN'T other colors available, but in the Profit lineup there's really only regular old US woodland style, or an ACU-ish digital. Some people are particular about how their gear matches, and personally, I don't like non-matching camo patterns. I use all MARPAT gear because I feel it blends best around the area I play and neither of those patterns really matches it. Does it matter? No, not really, but its one of the reasons why I wouldn't have looked at a Profit before, when other masks are available in solid colors that work with my gear, like OD and Tan.

And before we rekindle this argument again: I know you don't NEED camo or subdued colors to be stealthy. But I don't think you can really argue that it doesn't at least help a little. I choose my gear to help my playing style and not hinder it.

I don't see why this kind of stuff always has to be an argument and an insult-flinging fest. We as players have another option for gear. Its not a bad thing. If you don't happen to like that option then you don't have to buy it. Its really not that big of a deal.
Dude, my real issue is that announcing a color never has been and should never be considered news.

I pretty much play almost all woods and scenario these days. If color really mattered, I wouldn't be using a black and nickle blazer or a shiny blue freestyle. Not to mention nearly all of my jerseys have some pretty bright colors and don't actually blend in.

I can make many arguments about whether it does anything. As I stated previously, there are many people that can smoke you wearing a pink tshirt and shorts.

Be a better player, gear is a crutch.

Different strokes and all that.

But really, this is not news. It wasn't news 7 years ago when SP, Empire and every other company starting hyping their crap with "news" that was just a different color. Colors aint news.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:36 AM   #26 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Hey, the marketing guys have got to do something to justify their pay. I'm sure that quite a number of people thought & maybe said - "hey, this isn't really news, its a color." But were overruled by management - happens all the time.

Gotten keep your name in the game somehow.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Dude, my real issue is that announcing a color never has been and should never be considered news.

But really, this is not news. It wasn't news 7 years ago when SP, Empire and every other company starting hyping their crap with "news" that was just a different color. Colors aint news.
I'm in agreement with you here, but again, note who posted it... not Valken themselves... Valken's marketing dept. put out a press release, it was up to the "paintball media" () as to if it was newsworthy or not and how to distribute it. Sadly, its just another way to show how much of a joke the supposed "media" for this sport really is. Part of why I'm hoping the new Paintball News venture becomes to paintball what Top Gear is to automotive media- unafraid to call a piece of crap what it is for the sake of sponsorships.

I'm not taking this entirely off topic by debating the color thing. I have my opinion, you have yours, I can respect that and leave it as such even though I disagree.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Sadly, its just another way to show how much of a joke the supposed "media" for this sport really is.
Don't disagree that it's not a joke at times, but on the other hand it's not like Paintball is a very news-abundant game. Seriously how often does anything worth mentioning actually happen in this industry? They need to fill up their space with something.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Don't disagree that it's not a joke at times, but on the other hand it's not like Paintball is a very news-abundant game. Seriously how often does anything worth mentioning actually happen in this industry? They need to fill up their space with something.
here's an idea: war stories. can be user submitted. the crazier the better. photographic proof preferred. that's always my favorite part of durty dan's old site and that old sports illustrated article.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone