mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

autocockers

hey guys, one of my friends introduced me to this site, told me this was a good place to buy a used autococker. how much do they go for? anything specific i should know about them? saw one a couple weeks back and thought it was pretty cool. thanks guys, and glad to be here.
spisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

as cheap as 50 for a trilly up to 400 for a fairly nice custom cocker on here. Learn to time them and leave them alone. Learn not to shortstroke. Easier to learn with a swing frame then an old school slider I think.
BringerofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
you mean 50 to like 2500

The majority are around a 200 dollar range for good gear and 350-400 for a nice 'rarish' body with good pneumatics/pump frames etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringerofDeath View Post
as cheap as 50 for a trilly up to 400 for a fairly nice custom cocker on here. Learn to time them and leave them alone. Learn not to shortstroke. Easier to learn with a swing frame then an old school slider I think.
to clarify what im talking about, an autococker is where you pull the trigger, and the bolt moves forward and stays forward, and when u release the trigger the bolt moves back. right?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spisla View Post
to clarify what im talking about, an autococker is where you pull the trigger, and the bolt moves forward and stays forward, and when u release the trigger the bolt moves back. right?
No.

An Autococker is a pump with pneumatics on it - when you pull the trigger, the gun fires, then as you continue to pull the trigger back a rod actuates a pneumatic switch that directs air to the front or back of a ram, thus re-cocking the gun.

If you pull the trigger on a Cocker, and hold it, the bolt will move back and stay back until you release the trigger.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
no that would be all the other markers.. autocockers, the bolt is always forward until you pull the trigger at which point sets off an event of things to happen.

First the trigger releases the sear which cause the hammer to open the valve propelling the paint then a few milliseconds later your finger will have pulled the trigger far enough to actuate the 3way which causes the ram to push the bolt back wards and pull the hammer back to reset it onto the sear and simultaneously load another ball into the chamber.

Now with the trigger completely in the back position, the bolt and back block will be stuck back and the hammer will be over cocked. When you release the trigger the 3 way will actuate the ram back to its 'rest' position pulling the bolt forward and leaving the hammer back in its cocked position resting on the sear waiting to be fired again and the paintball will be sitting in the tip of your barrel against the bolt waiting for air to blast it down the barrel and at your target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

wait autocockers and cockers are hte same thing right?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spisla View Post
wait autocockers and cockers are hte same thing right?
yup.

You just had it reversed. I don't think there is anything that will hold the forward position when you pull and hold the trigger. I could be wrong though.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

ok. i remember this guy getting his gun chronoed and the manager(cant chrono our selves) was like "this is freakin sweeet!" and was playin with it. so a cocker is where you pull the trigger, bolt moves back, release the trigger, bolt moves forward, correct?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
post deleting ghost attak

CCM Fan
duff muffin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone