mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

They are a direct copy of the DYE Reflex autococker. All the tooling was done in the same factory infact, they just didnt mill them all to the same standards as DYE did before them. They make great project guns, but in all honesty, replacing the three-way right off the bat is about all you need to do, then an LPR sometime later. The only thing I found bad about mine was a leaky 3-way and the sear was pretty shoddy in both frames, but you can replace them readily now with good, cheap sears and call it good.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

All of the o-rings on my superbolt were metric, so nothing sealed. The ram is generally known to be too long, so that too much pressure can start smacking the cocking lug against the body at the end of the slot. My barrel threads were about a turn and a half too short.

The frame has the dye profile, but the edges of the trigger guard and trigger haven't been finished like the dye.

Oddly, you read about many (most?) of them missing a hose, like that was some sort of indication at the factory. Some of them seem to work, and I think it may depend on the retailer making them work before they are sold.

The valve and springs in mine were setup for high pressure. It took some fiddling to get the pressure down.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
All of the o-rings on my superbolt were metric, so nothing sealed. The ram is generally known to be too long, so that too much pressure can start smacking the cocking lug against the body at the end of the slot. My barrel threads were about a turn and a half too short.
This was an easy fix for me. I purchased mine new, and theres a baggy of orings with it, I took two orings that were for the threeway, opened the ram and took it off of the rod leading to the backblock, and slipped them onto the shaft behind the actual plunger, that worked great and was a cushy seat for the ram itself as well.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
They are a direct copy of the DYE Reflex autococker. All the tooling was done in the same factory infact, they just didnt mill them all to the same standards as DYE did before them. They make great project guns, but in all honesty, replacing the three-way right off the bat is about all you need to do, then an LPR sometime later. The only thing I found bad about mine was a leaky 3-way and the sear was pretty shoddy in both frames, but you can replace them readily now with good, cheap sears and call it good.
I knew they were cloned from the Superbolt, but I didn't think they were made in the same factory.

The place was in Mexico, right?
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
This was an easy fix for me. I purchased mine new, and theres a baggy of orings with it, I took two orings that were for the threeway, opened the ram and took it off of the rod leading to the backblock, and slipped them onto the shaft behind the actual plunger, that worked great and was a cushy seat for the ram itself as well.
That sounds easier than the piece of rubber tubing I read about. My ram never saw air.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I knew they were cloned from the Superbolt, but I didn't think they were made in the same factory.

The place was in Mexico, right?
Haha, you know, I honestly couldnt tell you where it is.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
If you want a cheap cocker just get a Trilogy.
i second this a trilogy is a great autococker to use as a starter and you can find them pretty cheap on different sights. But i recomend like others on your other thread to find one on this site because you know that there taken care of and in good shape.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Some time ago I got a Superbolt body with the intention of turning it into a pump. The first valve I put in it wouldn't fit, and the second one took a little bit of force to get in the first time. The only other issue I had is that the barrel threading didn't quite go all the way, which I fixed with a section of cutoff feed neck from one of my other guns.
FEEDBACK
Steam & Origin: Redivulpis
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volunteer paintball View Post
i second this a trilogy is a great autococker to use as a starter and you can find them pretty cheap on different sights. But i recomend like others on your other thread to find one on this site because you know that there taken care of and in good shape.
how much do trillogys go for used?
spisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post

The frame has the dye profile, but the edges of the trigger guard and trigger haven't been finished like the dye.

Oddly, you read about many (most?) of them missing a hose, like that was some sort of indication at the factory. Some of them seem to work, and I think it may depend on the retailer making them work before they are sold.

The valve and springs in mine were setup for high pressure. It took some fiddling to get the pressure down.
sounds like someone bought the substandard stock and made guns out of them?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone