mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
i like the idea of barrel bags and i keep 2 in my vest at all times one to use and one if i lose my main bag but for some reason i can see someone using a barrel plug like the soldiers in the civil use their loading rods (as a last chance weapon when they were out of lead shot)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Furries are EVERYWHERE :3

IMO, the only guns that should be allowed to have plugs are pumps and mech. semi pistols that lack an extended barrel that you could effectively put even an XL bag over (ex. Overlord/Delta .68/Zeus)
Old 08-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I don't terribly trust the Tippman bags, I've had paint shoot through them before, not the most reliable bags. The rental ones we use now are thick rubber, totally bulletproof, and bright neon yellow. They are beautiful, and yet somehow we are missing a bunch.

Anyway, bags all the way, and yes they should be better made. The NXE one I had first was great, very thick and well made, most bags I've had are. The RTR one is great, I wouldn't mind more.

What really irks me, is that in this day and age, you buy a gun, and in the box is a rubber plug. BT seems to be the worst for this so far. Tho I swear in the last Invert Mini box I looked in, they had a plug as well. I'm going to double check next time I go to the store. No gun these days should be sold with a plug, companies should know better. Plugs are only good for a pump in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crafter of skins

Better than a barrel spike... thing literally exploded if they were shot. Worst idea in a long time...

But yes, plus fly out, seem a tippmann do it, not hard to do. Orings wear out, or no there, etc. The Tippmann TPX plug works well, but depends on an elastic band to hold in place instead of friction.

But bags are easier to see if they are damaged imo. At the field, a visual inspection of a bag is easier than trying to inspect the orings of a plug. If a bag goes, it's usually obvious, a plug may or may not show wear.

Current list of people planning on getting a holster for their DRV:
1: Mayvik
2: aldumil
3: Dundadun (special build, no longer DRV)
4: ITSPB-Rogue
5: Crimson Death
6: Big Phil
7: Ironchef97
8: Spinalmath
9:
10:
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
The markers these days coming with plugs in the box is inexcusable imho. 99% of fields have banned them for reasons already stated. Most obvious being they don't work worth a darn as they take 1 shot max the second shot after that and they themselves are a projectile and a more dangerous one than an errant paintball at that. With that said cheapy barrel bags aren't much better. I watched one of Mike's videos where he even demonstrated that a cheap barrel bag like the tippman ones will easily blow at the seam or have a hole in it after 4 or 5 shots max whereas a better built one like the smart parts girl ones will contain streams of paint with ease. Barrel plugs need to stop being produced. Even in a pump or semi pistol they are just unsafe in my view. If companies started including a decent quality barrel bag with their markers it would really help to enforce the view that bags are just better and safer rather than new players saying well I already spent all this money and now you want me to spend what could be paint for the day on something additional just to play at this field? Not that the cost of a decent barrel bag should be a huge turnoff around here a decent one is $15 or so for the really high quality ones but for some players (especially at my home field) that's damn near the cost of their paint for the day ($20 a bag for members). I think there should be a push from experienced players like us to the industry to really get it together and realize a quality barrel bag is not only good marketing and PR for them from a safety standpoint but it puts out the message the public of a commitment to safety rather than the almighty dollar by including a 5 cent to them cost barrel plug

Feedback +36/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Reminiscing one night while camping before a big scenario game the topic of the old barrel plugs came up. After laughing over the memory of the old spyder plugs often flying farther than a ball after getting launched out of a barrel I came up with this...

I get a good 30 feet of range. Just enough for a tank kill if you're brave enough to run towards the thing

Plugs can be safe if fitted correctly. If you don't grunt while shoving it in it's too loose. Or you should be able to hold the gun, with tank and full hopper, by just the plug. Unfortunately almost no one ever had their plugs fitting correctly, so bags for all.

And the new rubber plugs that come with BT and other KEE guns is supposedly a new design that can stay in after having an electro go into a ramping fit. Though I've never tested it myself.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
If you don't grunt while shoving it in it's too loose.
yoink!

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

I just think that my bag's easier than plugging, so I'll keep stuffing my barrel in for now...

that and everywhere I play requires a barrel bag, so why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeBenedict View Post
Silly topic, yes, but I'm curious. Does a barrel bag or barrel plug offer any advantage over the other? Also, I've seen a few fields which banned barrel plugs, is this because there's fear of them shooting out?
pendleton only allows bags, they have stories of those plugs shooting out and hitting people.

but i got some guns that bags can't fit over
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
but i got some guns that bags can't fit over
lapco and pps have bags that can fit.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone