mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-11-2010, 05:41 AM   #21 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Most, if not all, insurance companies have required barrel bags instead of plugs for a couple of years now. Honestly, I am extremely surprised whenever I see anyone with a plug anymore.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I like plugs because they fit into my pocket better.

But barrel bags are way more secure as long as they are well made.

I hate barrel bags with seams right where the ball is going to land. garbage.

RTR ones are super robust I don't think they would ever break. They are not my favorite though because they are not so easy to get on and off the gun.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I have a better question,why do they sell barrel bags that are camo,black or some other hard to see color???
i never got that either. I only buy bright barrel condoms, orange, yellow red, colors that my marker isn't. So one can easily see that i have a condom on my marker. I've had friends with black or camo condoms get shot at after they were out, and heard them bitch about it. It's like, buddy, from 100 ft away you can't see a black condom on a black marker. Get a bright one and any idiot can see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Better than a barrel spike... thing literally exploded if they were shot. Worst idea in a long time...
I own one of those but never took it to a field cause i wasnt sure if it would be field legal. So they break that easily? Sad, i thought it was a nifty invention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
I hate barrel bags with seams right where the ball is going to land. garbage.

RTR ones are super robust I don't think they would ever break. They are not my favorite though because they are not so easy to get on and off the gun.
I NEVER buy a condom if the seam is on the bottom, that is a GUARENTEED break when a stream hits it. A quality condom should have fabric folded over at the botton where the barrel end rests, you aren't going to snap fabric nearly as easily as you can cheap stiching.

And RTR condoms are the best. Hands down right now.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Loud Pipes Save Lives

CCM Fan
ive never had an issue with any of my NXE bags, they have real thick cloth folded over at the bottom of the bag. thats really all thats sold around here though, you do see the crappy eclipse ones on everyones guns though
sniper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

I only know of one field in my area that still allows barrel plugs. One reason is because rental plugs are cheaper than rental bags. I forget how many hundreds of rental plugs they claim to lose during the year. For the fields still using plugs on rentals it is basically a bottom line issue.
DarkShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
pump snob

hey - for novices etc, bags are great if you tie them on to the bottom line.

personally I prefer a bright orange plug - easy to pocket, easy to dig out of said pocket - but rarely allowed at commercial fields.

what gets me is the IDIOTS that make black and camo plugs & bags. one of the MAIN purposes of plugs and bags is to serve as a "please dont shoot me, im already out" sign to help the user safely exit the field, and to help refs be able to tell at a distance that the players are all bagged/plugged up.

The black & camo bags/plugs promote special attention.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Rob "Tyger" Rubin posted a couple of videos about just this issue (you can still find them both here) and I've seen way too many bad things happen with barrel plugs, and not many with barrel bags. Oh yeah, I totally believe that there are cheap bags out there that can be literally shot through, but most of them are good enough (look for neoprene or nylon, or even the rubber ones, like these by APP). I have a ton of barrel plugs laying around (the one by JT to help you remove your JT lenses, the metal one by I forget that cost more than the barrels it marked up, and a ton of plastic ones) and I will never again use a barrel plug. I'll use my hand before I put in a barrel plug. Why? It's a false sense of security, where I know for certain with the good bags that I buy that I'm covered.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I have a better question,why do they sell barrel bags that are camo,black or some other hard to see color???Is it so we can lose them easier and have to by more ??Barrel bags are better than plugs.Plugs go airborne when shot,bags get jiggy but have worked well that I have have seen.
dont buy those then. all mine minus one are blue, red, or orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Into the rabbit hole

Barrel plugs can be a serious pain to remove from a barrel. Better then nothing though, but that's why I make a habit of carrying around extra bags for the moron who doesn't have/loses theirs.

As for the camo bags...that's just stupid. The brighter the better.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

yeah, apparently camo bags are for people who play hardcore woodsball. but something tells me these same people have plenty of pockets to hide a bright barrel bag in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone