mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Check out my review of the E-Vents in my blog in the sig, it is basically the same mask as the Avatars that people mention, but with soft ears.

I stay away from V-Force simply because the lenses are coated like you said. I didn't enjoy mine after the coating wore off a couple times.. Otherwise they are decent masks though.

I love my proflex's though. More than any other mask I have worn.

IMO you have to get out and try them on before you buy them. Masks are not something you can ask someone. You can only get opinions because every mask will feel different to others than you. Try some on. I recommend trying on E-Vents/Avatars, Proflex's, and the I4's if you have a tiny head.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I got a Dye I3 Pro, and I like the way it fits when I'm wearing it, but the lens is nearly impossible to remove. Moreover, the thermal insert comes detached from the lens pretty easily, letting water or paint in (can be fixed with a little super glue). Some of the plastic has started ripping, although it doesn't affect performance. Still, not as durable as my old proflex.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

in the "skinny face" configuration, it even fits my wife (on the left)

It looks alot better on her, than on me. Even without the fan, it's a great mask. But the ability to use a fan, along with the many color & lense configurations, is what sold me on it.

The strap is one of my favorite parts about it. It's a tough, rugged strap. And on the "slider adjusters" on the strap, it has these little "spikes" that grip the strap so it rarely comes loose. This is not only important for just the regular player, but ESPECIALLY when I've got a goggle camera bolted to it.

I hate to sound like I'm selling the Proto Pro Axis, but my wife loves hers, I love mine, and once the guys on my team tried mine on, they all bought them as well.

It's definitely a great product. My wife's mask was pretty damn expensive (Mask $80, Pink Color Kit $35, Fan $40, Mirror lense $35) but she loves hers, and I definitely love mine

Plus, if you ever wanted to mount a goggle camera to it, it's the PERFECT mask for it with the circular ear clips on the side. Some epoxy + ContourHD = awesome footage
Old 08-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Thanks for all the posts, guys! I have tried on a few and looked 'em over but the Avatars aren't one that I have tried.

Or maybe I'll just hold out for this...

Angel Eyes Paintball Goggles - Olive w/ Gradient Yellow Lens

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

i4 lenses are super easy to take out, no idea about i3s.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

I use V-Force. I really like the coverage of the Profiler. No double chins sticking out the bottom. I too have a large head and they fit great. As far as fogging goes. It is a single pane lense. It will fog, even with the best anti-fog chemicals. I live in Mississippi and this time of the year even the best dual pane lenses fog. My solution for my Profiler is just to carry extra lenses with me. I have 3 total. Most days I only need two. Once one lense fogs up, I switch. Each lense usually lasts 2 or 3 hours before it fogs. The lenses only take like a minute to change. The most tedious part of this process is remembering to clean and retreat the lenses during the week between days of playing. BTW I just use the cheaper $20 replacement lenses. A big upside to the Profiler is the new OD Green/ Tan color scheme carried over from the Grillz. Vforce Profiler Paintball Goggle - Olive Drab and Tan
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

The i3 pros are kind of hard to remove the lens the first few times, but they break in.

MCB Feedback
Old 08-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
SC

Ive used a Vforce profiler for roughly five years. I have had fog only three times in that time period. I change the lenses out about every fifteenth months and have only changed it three times (those times when it started to fog). Love everything about the mask IMHO
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I tried on some Avatars and E-vents today and found the face coverage to only be slightly better than the I4s. My jaw and cheek were exposed but they did seem comfortable, however.

Ahhh...choices, choices...

Thanks for the informative posts! I appreciate the input.

Justin

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone tried the sly profit yet?

MCB Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone