mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #121 (permalink)
Christian Baller

CCM Fan
Ive been playing 2 months and already have 3 markers.

AKP
Ion
Tippmann 98c

For only playing for 2 months im a gun whore
AnimalX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #122 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
Lets see not impressive:
-aim eagle prototype ccm pump
-bolt action trracer
-1 of 1 mcaterbrown pgp
-spyder pilot 09
-2 tippmann 98
-only thing i want is something ccm. Spyder will be sold as well as the traccer. I hate wall hangers more than anyone. I only keep markers i play with.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Last edited by tomdabmb; 09-21-2011 at 05:01 PM.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #123 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't whore, I hoard.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #124 (permalink)
MCB Member

I cannot recall how many markers I have gone through. There was a period where I bought mags off from craigslist just to tune and resell. Probably went through between 8 and 15 of them. This doesn't include all of the other markers that I owned for a month (never played with them) got bored and sold.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #125 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
so i started this thread 1 year and 2 days ago....

had ~83 markers

in February i hit the big 100! (spoiled myself with 2 karni's)

whored hard all spring/summer i think im at about 175 now!!!
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #126 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
For the overwhelming majority of my 15+ years in paintball, I callously whored guns. Dozens upon dozens of markers passed through my hands, acquired on a whim or fickle flight of fancy, only to be sold or traded when the mood struck me or I wanted to try something different. A shameful amount of markers, I must admit, entered and left my possession without seeing a single trip to the field.

Over time, I grew to recognize the clutch of my curse, the relentless grip of the tentacles of whoredom. Feeling powerless against it, I sought guidance from Velcor, and was led to meditation. Without hesitation, I dedicated myself to the pursuit of peaceful contemplation, trading job, family and friends - everything I knew - for a simple, monastic life in a tent in the woods behind my house. As the months passed and the growth of my beard raged out of control (and unnoticed), the nebulous haze of whoredom eventually began to lift from my mind. While I did not reach a fully enlightened state, and as a mere, flawed mortal, may never be able to attain it, in a fleeting moment of pristine serenity, I was granted a single, short glimpse of The Truth. Velcor be praised!

Since resuming my existence in society, I have been asked many times what it was I saw, what I learned, and what in the world possessed me to live in the woods like an insane hobo, living off rainwater, bark and questionably-edible wild mushrooms; while damning my wife to countless lonely nights as she waited faithfully for my return (that's what she tells me). I am saddened to say that I cannot, must not, share what I saw. For one, I do not yet understand it fully. But it is also not my Truth to share. Though my own repentance is complete, I am unfit to spread the word of Velcor. If I may impart one morsel of guidance, one small nudge of direction, from all that I have learned, I will say simply this: marker whoring is an evil, vile thing; a disease that will taint your mind and darken your soul. It is an abomination that will surely cause babies to cry, boards to fry and rainclouds to form above your head wherever you may go. Find a way to escape it, friends, should you have a care for the pursuit of happiness and an interest in living in the land of Unicorns and rainbows.

Last edited by Riddler; 09-08-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
For the overwhelming majority of my 15+ years in paintball, I callously whored guns. Dozens upon dozens of markers passed through my hands, acquired on a whim or fickle flight of fancy, only to be sold or traded when the mood struck me or I wanted to try something different. A shameful amount of markers, I must admit, entered and left my possession without seeing a single trip to the field.

Over time, I grew to recognize the clutch of my curse, the relentless grip of the tentacles of whoredom. Feeling powerless against it, I sought guidance from Velcor, and was led to meditation. Without hesitation, I dedicated myself to the pursuit of peaceful contemplation, trading job, family and friends - everything I knew - for a simple, monastic life in a tent in the woods behind my house. As the months passed and the growth of my beard raged out of control (and unnoticed), the nebulous haze of whoredom eventually began to lift from my mind. While I did not reach a fully enlightened state, and as a mere, flawed mortal, may never be able to attain it, in a fleeting moment of pristine serenity, I was granted a single, short glimpse of The Truth. Velcor be praised!

Since resuming my existence in society, I have been asked many times what it was I saw, what I learned, and what in the world possessed me to live in the woods like an insane hobo, living off rainwater, bark and questionably-edible wild mushrooms; and damning my wife to many lonely nights while she waited faithfully for my return (that's what she tells me). I am saddened to say that I cannot, must not, share what I saw. For one, I do not yet understand it fully. But it is also not my Truth to share. Though my own repentance is complete, I am unfit to spread the word of Velcor. If I may impart one morsel of guidance, one small nudge of direction, from all that I have learned, I will say simply this: marker whoring is an evil, vile thing; a disease that will taint your mind and darken your soul. It is an abomination that will surely cause babies to cry, boards to fry and rainclouds to form above your head wherever you may go. Find a way to escape it, friends, should you have a care for the pursuit of happiness and an interest in living in the land of Unicorns and rainbows.
So you're in the 200+ club now, too?
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #128 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
So you're in the 200+ club now, too?
I should've kept a list... A year or two ago, I created a spreadsheet and catalogued all the ones I had pictures of or remembered vividly. I'm only in the 130's for absolute certain. Heh.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #129 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I'm approaching 20 that I've gone through. I'll list them-

Angel LCD
Invert MINI
TIppmann 98 1
TIppmann 98 2
Tippmann a5
Spyder Sonix
Brass Eagle King Cobra
WGP Trilogy
Azodin Pump 1
Prostock Autococker
CCI Phantom
Dye Matrix
Azodin Pump 2
Tippmann 98 3
Tippmann 98 4
SmartParts SP-1
Proto PMR 2009

And another Prostock is heading this way soon.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #130 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

It's slowed down significantly since I started dating my wife... but here is a list of the 62 I can remember and have pictures of

Talon Ghost
SL-68 II
Spyder Rodeo
Kingman Stormer (.50cal)
VM68
Diablo Wrath
PT Extreme
Ariakon Overlord
Smart Parts Ion
2 Mechanical Ions
1 Closed bolt Ion
2 SP Vibes