mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Another vest question thread.

Alright, I know there have been a few threads about vests but I need some opinions. I want multicam, but to outfit one it seems like I'm gonna be spending over $100 for one. So just read the following and let me know what you think.

So after telling the wife of my relization about the blackhawk vest and her seeing the disappointment on my face that things just weren't working out for me. She said order the vest you want and get the other one sold asap. I told her the one I really wanted was going to cost way more than what I wanted to spend right now. She said to just buy one that is cheaper and sell it at a later time. For a while I had been eye balling RAP4's vests and it looks like that will have to suffice for the time being.

Order was placed on Monday, and Tuesday I am told that the CADPAT pattern is on backorder for 3-4 weeks. What the hell??? So what do you guys think wait it out or go with a different pattern? I think I can be happy with the CADPAT pattern and it seems to be popular, so it should be an easy resell. Any other patterns that would be an easy resell?
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hmmm, did some more searching and I think that rap4's 8 color desert camo is the same as or similar to multicam. I sent the seller a message, I hope he has it in stock and gets it shipped out immediately.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Five four three two one

Why not Tiger Stripe? Everything old is new again these days.
onecaribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Mad Russian

Brass N Wood Fan
Your better off just getting a decked out Multcam vest as opposed to buying "in the mean time" and selling later to lose a profit that could have gone to the Mulicam in the first place. I have put well over $300 into my Multicam set-up and have never looked back . Multicam is the pinnacle of current camo technology! Do it!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecaribou View Post
Why not Tiger Stripe? Everything old is new again these days.
I had originally planned on going with Tiger Stripe, but it just doesn't work well in the Kansas outdoors. There are more browns/yellows/greens than the darker colors in the Tiger Stripe pattern. I've seen direct comparisons of both Tiger Stripe and MultiCam patterns and the MultiCam blended in way better hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskii View Post
Your better off just getting a decked out Multcam vest as opposed to buying "in the mean time" and selling later to lose a profit that could have gone to the Mulicam in the first place. I have put well over $300 into my Multicam set-up and have never looked back . Multicam is the pinnacle of current camo technology! Do it!
See, that is the exact reason why I cannot go out and get exactly what I was wanting because the overall price would kill my bank account and subsequently the wife would kill me. This is just a hobby that I am getting back into for the most part a 10 year hiatus. I have a 9 month old and when you add up all of the costs, I have to cut where I can. In two years things will be completely different but for now, I play on a budget...a very tight budget. The only reason I was able to buy the stuff I have bought lately was due to some gracious b-day cash I was given.

Oh yeah, being on a forum like this is the same as peer pressure...it's a bitch.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Mad Russian

Brass N Wood Fan
Well, it's $300ish with a full set of trousers, blouse, covers, vest, backpack, and misc. pouches. You could settle for a great vest for under $120.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
Oh yeah, being on a forum like this is the same as peer pressure...it's a bitch.
C'mon.... COME ON....
Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lol, I'll see how the RAP4 vest turns out. Their 8 color desert camo looks just like multicam so I should be good to go. I've already spent close to $300 on just updating all of my gear. I'll have to wait a while until I can spend some more on gear, I'm already starting to get that "look" from the wife.

From what I have seen, the vests seem to be the best built thing they offer. I have firsthand seen how some of their paintball markers fall apart on people, such as my brother in law. He dumped so much money into that thing trying to get it to work. Finally the last time out, the feed neck broke on him. The cast aluminum on that thing was so porous, its amazing that it held together as long as it did. He finally traded it for an A-5 with a R/T and the only problem was the paint was bubbling.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Paying for a real vest is worth it. I hate crap4... I use real military issue stuff and you can make it work if your willing to take the time

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Like I said, I'll see how this works out for me and if it doesn't then it's my mistake. For the time being however, I think that it will suit me just fine.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I don't know how much you are looking to spend but I ordered a setup from Whiskey Two- Four and it is absolutely amazing. It was a little pricey but I blame it on peer pressure because I read a review for them on here.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone