mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Target View Post
Ha!

a 'survival' based game could easily be the 'hope' of the sport too. 40 acres, lots of cameras and 10 people. Dense woods, limited ammunition, there you go.
well see there ya go! if that was to work that would be awesome, i'm just saying AS OF RIGHT NOW because it is easy to do and can be watched by spectators
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TOO BAD

feedback-
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY
DSS PAINTBALL
APX gear
Davis Paintball Center
bigchuck707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Here is the questions no one can ever answer.

Why do we need to get bigger?
Why do we need to grow?

I am kind of sick of all this save our sport BS and we need to grow nonsense. Paintball has been around for over 30 years, it isn't going to go away.

Then again, I am sure somewhere in this thread someone will say we should be in the olympics.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
is that what smart parts was saying??? paintball is way bigger than speedball. get your head out of your arse.
quit being a typical mcber, don't get tunnel vision, read my post

feedback-
GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY
DSS PAINTBALL
APX gear
Davis Paintball Center
Old 09-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuck707 View Post
quit being a typical mcber, don't get tunnel vision, read my post
Quit being a koolaid drinker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuck707 View Post
well see there ya go! if that was to work that would be awesome, i'm just saying AS OF RIGHT NOW because it is easy to do and can be watched by spectators
Have you ever watched paintball?? It sucks. This will never be a spectator sport. Most players don't even enjoy watching.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Quit being a koolaid drinker...

Have you ever watched paintball?? It sucks. This will never be a spectator sport. Most players don't even enjoy watching.
Especially the way speedball's played right now, it's not enjoyable to watch.

Some of our other ideas might be, like limited paint etc. etc. but we shouldn't be 'hoping' for spectators to grow the sport. We should be trying to grow the sport on our own, in any and every way possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Here is the questions no one can ever answer.

Why do we need to get bigger?
Why do we need to grow?

I am kind of sick of all this save our sport BS and we need to grow nonsense. Paintball has been around for over 30 years, it isn't going to go away.

Then again, I am sure somewhere in this thread someone will say we should be in the olympics.
i can answer those, because (especially where i live) without paintball being recognized, people don't know about it. Without people knowing about it, it is looked at as dangerous and a nuisance. With it being "a nuisance and dangerous" we get kicked out of every place we try to play (woods around the area because we have no field because NO ONE SEES IT AS A SPORT AROUND HERE) currently i have one spot of woods that i can play in that we haven't been kicked out of and it's about 30 min. away (keep in mind i live in humboldt co. aka surrounded by forest) and the closest ACTUAL field 4 hours away.

THAT'S why it needs to be bigger
THAT'S why it needs to grow
for us who aren't fortunate to have a field nearby

feedback-
GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY
DSS PAINTBALL
APX gear
Davis Paintball Center
Old 09-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

I like watching 3 man with limited paint...

so what youre saying is that, because you live in the middle of nowhere and paintball is too far away, we need to put paintball on TV so you can watch it? just move closer to some fields

(seriously, I live within an hour of six fields, and not much further from that many more, and wouldnt have it any other way.)
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
It's looked at as dangerous and a nuisance because, well, it is. I don't like to admit it, but the game is about shooting each other with projectiles traveling at 200mph. Yes it's "safe" when everyone follows the rules, but if you take a look at people who play outlaw, not all of them follow the rules. It can be dangerous to people walking through the woods, no mask on and no idea there's a game going on. Some paintballers don't take the time to identify, as soon as movement happens there's paint going in that direction. That's when it becomes a nuisance, we have to have an area dedicated to where our game is played, and unless they're going to wear masks and not mind getting shot at, other people can't be in the same place we play. We had a favorite place to play here in Idaho almost get shut down to paintballers for the very same reason.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Paintball is a game, backyard football is a game, hunting is hunting and neither sport nor game, NHL is a sport, NFL is a sport, YMCA raquetball is a game, Curling FTW, and so on.

Paintball pretends to be organized, but it's really not. Not when the people who pay the money to put on the events to begin with are also supplying the teams, which their league support sways a lot of the referees eyes and judgement calls. And the players themselves have a complete backwards view from every other legitimate sport out there. If a player in any other actual sport cheats they know it's cheating, they know it's wrong, some might still do it but they do know it's breaking the rule. In paintball it's simply "part of the game" and accepted, playing on with a dozen hits is tolerated and encouraged, since after all it is the refs job to take them off the field after they're hit and they can continue to play until the ref yanks them.

Paintball is past the infancy stage and into its childhood. But it's not into adulthood yet. Maybe one day this game will grow up and actually get its stuff together, but that's still down the road. Hockey wasn't always a sport either. Even when they had some early leagues and some accepted rules, but it was still just some guys on frozen ponds. It just takes time and progress. I know paintballers have an inferiority complex with a bad case of impatience but don't worry it'll be a sport in the future eventually. Everything just takes time.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

I stopped playing outlaw about 10 years ago. No problem if its on private property with adequate space though. Netting and extra masks are bonus.

"Paintball pretends to be organized, but it's really not. Not when the people who pay the money to put on the events to begin with are also supplying the teams, which their league support sways a lot of the referees eyes and judgement calls. And the players themselves have a complete backwards view from every other legitimate sport out there. If a player in any other actual sport cheats they know it's cheating, they know it's wrong, some might still do it but they do know it's breaking the rule. In paintball it's simply "part of the game" and accepted, playing on with a dozen hits is tolerated and encouraged, since after all it is the refs job to take them off the field after they're hit and they can continue to play until the ref yanks them."

I hope you're talking about some sort of tournament speedball I've never and will never be involved in,
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone