mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB FF CHAMPION

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops View Post
I dig watching your videos man, but you have a serious penchant for point blanking people that's leaning towards poor sportsmanship. At least you aren't bonus balling them I guess. >.<
Nothing wrong with getting the drop on people. It's only a pistol.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

I should take some video of me playing pump pistol

Love the videos man! Makes me want to run out and pick up a pair of Tib8's!
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Nothing wrong with getting the drop on people. It's only a pistol.
300fps is still 300fps.
...or whatever velocity CPX mandates.

I think a lot of the close-proximity play is due to the design of some of their concept fields, but I agree with Blackops- I wouldn't have taken some of those shots to people's backs, especially against new players.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rejected by Caelus

He doesn't have much choice with his style of play....and honestly, stop treating paintball like it's Boy Scouts.....do you ever tell the kids running tryouts for the high school football team to "not hit the new kids as hard." Christ, you would think "pain" was a four letter word with some people.

We play a sport. It's painful by design.

Back on topic, I want to play pistol both with and against you, bro.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/116955-gunraptors-feedback.html
GunRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
He doesn't have much choice with his style of play....and honestly, stop treating paintball like it's Boy Scouts.....do you ever tell the kids running tryouts for the high school football team to "not hit the new kids as hard."
So because its not the Boy Scouts that makes it no holds barred? Sportsmanship and courtesy shouldn't be an issue? Perhaps we should lift FPS limits, BPS caps and allow bonus balling?

Even football has limitations on its own levels of violence. Unnecessary Roughness, face masking, back blocking, clipping, and lets not forget..... unsportsman like conduct.

If you are within arms reach of a player who is completely unaware of your presence, popping them is a total douche move IMO.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Nothing wrong with the way he plays. He has limited rounds, he is not overshooting anyone by any means. He does shoot people up close, but if the shoe was on the other foot, those guys with full hoppers and Semi-autos would have put at least 4-6 into him from the same range.

If I let a player get that close to me, I expect to pay the price with a welt, or them to pay the price for getting that close if I can get them before they get me.

I don't think hardly any of those situations/shots were really a 'surrender' or an 'I got time for a barrel tag and to play nicey nicey with my guns' type of moment in my opinion.

Styg

Because sometimes its Good to be Evil

stygshore-feedback
Stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nothing wrong with the way he plays IMHO. Closer the better. The other team has just as much of a chance to shot him too. Getting bunkered up close is a legitimate part of the game.

Especially with hard cover a dudes on the other side of a berm or doorway, that is usually just how the game is going to get played out.

Taking advantage of a defenseless or unawares player by shooting them in a vulnerable area is a whole different story, and I don't feel the gameplay shown in the video falls into that category.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
It's tough...

I can definitely see how it could be considered outside of good sportsmanship.

But it's a competitive sport. It's not like what he's doing is against the rules. If it was, he'd be asked to leave. If you want to hold a guy to a higher standard than the rules of the field, then you're pretty much on your own for justifying that.

Either way, you have to show this guy some respect. He takes a LOT of risk for the plays that he makes. My playing style is pretty similar (I'll bet that Midnight and I both train on Perfect Dark )... And I've been on the receiving end of both over reacting players who've caught me and angry players who didn't catch me... That part isn't fun.

Just the other day, I had a player play on and pepper me with 15 rounds or so after I nailed him 3 times from 4 feet away. With a pump. I was furious. Sure... I got him back later. But I'm still sporting 4 bruises on my right thigh. They'll be there for quite a while.

EDIT: We do need to see your camera setup, Midnight...

Last edited by alpha434; 11-09-2010 at 06:55 AM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops View Post
If you are within arms reach of a player who is completely unaware of your presence, popping them is a total douche move IMO.
Agree. The field i play at, has no mercy rule. Its up to the players to decide what to do when they're that close, call out, or get lit up from a few feet away. But, if you were to sneak up on someone that close, you could call "mercy" or, shoot them in the podpack or the gun, somewhere other than the spine.

Either way, he's still a good player, i like his vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Another nice vid... We need to see pics of your setup.
Camera and some stills of your tibbys.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone