mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Nothing wrong with the way he plays, id rather get hit by 1 or 2 shots close range from t8s rather than 6 or 7 shots close range from some ramping space dildo.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #22 (permalink)

Agreed, if the field allows it it's fair game. The field I play at has a 20 foot rule, and I expect people to follow it and get pissed when they don't. That said, I probably would have barrel tagged a couple of those guys, but that's me.

Badass video dude. And that field looks awesome! I've never had a chance to play at something like that!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Melon Head

I thought when you play pistol you have a limited number of shots? So why not surrender people? I mean no balling someone is so much more rewarding imo. I mean if you barrel tagged those 2 guys and THEN reloaded in there face would have been emmy worthy.
iLLusion oF GRANDeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLusion oF GRANDeur View Post
I thought when you play pistol you have a limited number of shots? So why not surrender people? I mean no balling someone is so much more rewarding imo. I mean if you barrel tagged those 2 guys and THEN reloaded in there face would have been emmy worthy.
That's my line of thinking, especially since most of these opponents looked to be new, young players.
The one where he stops to reload is funny, but would have been a perfect time for a barrel tag.
On the other hand, with a really inexperienced player you always run the risk that they won't know what a barrel tag is.
Either way, this video certainly makes for good entertainment, and I think the conversation we're having is healthy.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Depends on field rules. I've been to fields where ANY physical contact (this means barrel tags) was a no no and would get you booted off the field. I can see the reasons for that in honesty. I personally always honor the 10ft rule (except with my bud Tom b/c we both have the unspoken rule of bunkering each other when possible) and will only shoot within 10 ft if the person turns to shoot me instead of taking the walk.

If I say "You're out!" or "You're dead!" or anything to that effect and the person turns on me they're taking a couple to a nice meaty area regardless of experience level.

That said, I like these vids. I really liked the first ones I saw awhile back on the speedball field. That takes some cajones.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Based on personal experience, i'd rather take one or two shots from a guy with a pistol from a few feet rather than get peppered at 20' by somebody toting an electo or even just a nervous newbie.

I've seen some newbies shoot a good 10-20 times at a few feet just because they're nervous. and that's with mech 98C's.

As for unsportsmanlike, no. It's part of the game. If it's a safe velocity (put this in perspective, most fields chrono at 270-280fps and a pistol will have lower velocity after the first clip). Does it hurt to get shot at less than 10' ? it can.

did i see the gent aiming for anything sensitive or more painful? no.

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Unseen

Send a message via AIM to Vitamin J

^^Agreed. Obviously not all fields are the same. Some require the "surrender" option, some don't.

OP, were you shooting First Strikes only? Cuz damn some of those shots were incredible!
Old 11-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Awesome video!

Bit off topic, but how many rounds do those extended mags hold? Ten?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Now, does anyone still make them?

Last edited by Deadfall; 11-09-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Real Nurse

Send a message via AIM to nickydp33

Brass N Wood Fan
makes me want to sell my pgp and pick up a tpx , just dont like the way the 12g is in the mags for t8s or t9s
nickydp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

OH MAN !!!I FORGOT I POSTED IN THIS SECTION!!

GUN RAPTOR >>LMFAO!!!! @ THE HOREY **** PHOTO!!!!! HILARIOUS

THEINFLICTED: I was chopping like crazy that day because Marbilizer was the field paint I couldnt use any personal paint MY FPS WAS LIKE 218 AT TIMES! SO I WAS SPRAYING PAINT HENCE THE CLOSE RANGE SHOTS for some (but there were a few strnger ones/ butthat day eeerrrybody had itchy trigger fingers opposed to me)

PLUS EVERY SINGLE PLAYER I ENCOUNTERED ALL SAID ONE THING... "NICE SHOT" even the guy that went down in bedlam said that after I helped get him back up to his feet*

BLACKOPS: ARE YOU KIDDING ME BARREL TAG WITH A 9" BARREL inside the PISTOL?!?! the damn paintball is 7-8" from them... GET OUTTA HERE MAN haha! I could say your a douche IMO for calling me one... and not knowing the facts Try not to be so judgemental next time

R Os : FACEBOOK ME BRO I GOT MAAAD PICS OF THE SETUP

Thanx to everyone else for simply enjoying them and commenting POSITIVELY Ill keep them coming

FYI ALLL: 2months of footage became corrupted!! 1 week prior to this post ... Ft. ME w/ ALL SPEEDBALLERS Some AWESOME FOOTAGE devastatingly ERASED b/c of CORRUPTION!... all stuff from Private Games that only allowed Experienced/Speedball players ..

Last edited by MIDNIGHTANGELZ; 11-09-2010 at 11:02 PM.
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone