mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
terrible speller

Send a message via AIM to knightmare96

I am still waiting on a pistol, been almost 3 so far.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

I'm curious too. I would die for a really sexy looking vee twin. Then again, I wouldn't worry too much about the wait, as I absolutly do NOT have the cash for that sucker. If I did, I'd also want that sclupture of the wolf "Rage."

I'd love to someday get up to Alaska and visit his shop. Just to see what he has on hand.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr
Doesn't someone have a piece there that's been 6+ years? I seem to remember an MCB member having the record.
That was Manike's PGP's turns out the story was something else, it was a trade of box of 13 assorted condition PGP's for Doc to piece togther and build two working custom PGP's.

At the end Doc sent him either a V-Twin or Fastback, to square up the deal.
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Stock Class Sauté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayodder
At the end Doc sent him either a V-Twin or Fastback, to square up the deal.
He sent the first V-Twin. Problem with that was that Manike didn't ask for the V-Twin to be substituted. It just showed up at his door.

Doc is a great artist and a bad businessman unfortunately. I gave up any notion of doing business with him long ago.
Chefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

At spring Castle I carefully asked Simon about the pgp's..he said he'd written them off and didn't ever expect anything.... I don't know if he'd gotten the v-twin at that point or not.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

one of the answers for why they didnt catch on is probably because "cockers are dead" to the masses in the thourney scenes... same reason most companies no longer make cocker parts to much or cockers (well theres K2 to boot as well)
-matt
Scenario Paintball Team
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hired Goon

The main reason Doc hasn't done another batch is simply the cost. The last batch cost him around $10,000 to have the local CNC shop make up. The Cocker market has really gone down hill since he did the first batch so I really wonder if he'll ever do another batch.

I paid for my Fastback in full when they first came out. I've been waiting, patiently, for about 2-1/2 years. AFAIK, I'm the only person to order one that hasn't gotten their's yet. He's also had my PGP for almost 4 years. Doc isn't a crook. If you pay for something you will get it. It's just a matter when. I've bought a lot of stuff from Doc over the last 8 years and I've always gotten what I ordered. Not always quickly but I did get it. And it's always been worth the wait.

Walker was the one with the 5 year Cocker.

Manike waited 6 years before Doc sent him the first Vee-Twin. Manike was going to buy the Vee-Twin from Doc for $1000 anyway but Doc sent him the Vee-Twin as 'settlement' for the PGP deal. There was a lot more drama between Doc and Manike that lead up to that than most people know about. It's all at the Guild. Go do some searching if you really want to know the details.

Doc sold off one of Manike's PGPs a while back that I snapped up. I'd have to go check my notes but, IIRC, this was version 2 of many that Doc did. If you were at SPE 06 you may have seen this at my table.
Chris Mader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sooo. . . what's that fourth tube for?

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
You know.. I never thought about the cocker market being dead.

Seems like the whole new gun scene is dead or dying.

The market is flooded now...
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

well it is also because the semi-recession (sp) in the market towards tourney ball, more players want to play and have fun not compete every weekend. i think paintball will probably turn into a sport like football/ american soccer (hmm there are more americans here arent there, meh o well) where yes its a huge sport but many many more people just get togeather and paly it for fun than try to compete.

im not sure that the new gun scene is dieing but the whole new "50 cps " guns are worthless (ok so your gun can cycle 50 times in a second but you can only shoot 15 at most tourneis and the fastest hopper is 35 on a good day). alot of companies at probably going to be going for low cost markers to compete with the ions and stuff while trying to keep quality, efficenty, and size as best as they can.

probably everythign wil be slow and boring for a year or so but i think by next year companies will realize the problems and shoot towards the rec/scenario/ woods players a whole lot more (they started last year some what but not exactly in teh ways needed IMHO)

-matt
Scenario Paintball Team
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone