mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Someone made a drop for them, but I cannot recall the name of it.
There were two different drops made for Minis, but the only one that even has a chance of being made now is the one by YDNA over at ZDS Paintball... of course, looking over his site, I can't seem to locate the page he had them on, so it may be he's not making them after all.

Mini's aren't horribly bad, but too light/kicky for my tastes. I like the weight and utter compactness you get from this marker, but after playing with it one day, it was just too small for my tastes. Not the easiest marker to maintain, but far easier than a 'cocker. Overall, a good design.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Sovereign Connoisseur

Great little shooter as said, I owned one myself, actually I do not like markers this small, but then to each his own, if you run a remote, you can be very tight on bunkers.
I would suggest a used one, as a new one is just to pricey, and if it is untried by you, see if you can use one at the local field, people at my field are pretty cool, most of the markers I bought, I know some one that had one and let me try it out.
Nothing wrong with used markers, I have been playing 17yrs or so, I have only bought 3 markers new.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
needs time to play

i was serious contemplating one also to run 13/3k hpa and a 50rd hopper. I may still get one but I opting to have my blazer fixed and run it like that. They are so cheap on the nation i had a blue v3 offered to me for $150. I should buy it though (going to check the PBN PMs now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjackson View Post
Simpler rule:
"Don't be a dick. Anyone caught being a dick will be kicked out and not invited next time. Piss off."

edit- If you need an addendum, "I am the sole judge of what constitutes as dick-like behavior."
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah, for a buck fifty that is well worth picking up.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
needs time to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Yeah, for a buck fifty that is well worth picking up.
over having my blazer fixed?? they are about the same cost so i have been milling it over, hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjackson View Post
Simpler rule:
"Don't be a dick. Anyone caught being a dick will be kicked out and not invited next time. Piss off."

edit- If you need an addendum, "I am the sole judge of what constitutes as dick-like behavior."
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

I personally love mine and have since day one. It shoots ropes out of the box and doesnt need any upgrades other than may be a high end barrel.

But, You really have to try it out in person. The two main things that is different about this marker is the size (how it fits in your hands) and the trigger pull. Some people find its too small for them. The trigger does not have a spring but rather a magnet keep it forward. The result is a VERY light trigger pull.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Enjoyed mine while I had it, and loved burning around with it in a "micro" mode (10 inch dw, pocket hopper and 13/3000). I did find it a bit small overall though (note I am 6'5 with monkey arms).

As for light trigger pull, still have the mark on my leg from accidentally shooting myself 6 months ago....
Paulzors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

lol. I've had my share of shooting myself and almost others by accident. I have learned since to keep my fingers out of the guard.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Oldschool veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDWESTHIPPO117 View Post
i will never buy from ans again
Neither will I.

Now getting back to the OP. Minis are alright and all but if you have been playing that long, treat yourself to an Empire Axe if you prefer that particular design. They're easier to service and are, in general, higher quality.

I used to shoot a generation 2 Mini and it had it's fair share of issues. One thing in particular that caused me to trade mine was the terrible amount of side to side trigger movement. Another problem I had was ASA wobble after intense play. I had to take the grip panels off after long games to adjust the set screws. They seemed to have been made of brass and ended up wearing down to the point where I couldn't tighten them any further. If you are absloutly sure that you want a Mini, make damn sure you get the latest generation! The older generations had a high defect rate. They were like the Xbox 360; get a good one and you're set for life, get a bad one and you will be shelling out cash to have it fixed.

Hrm, doesn't work as well as "the man with the golden gun".

Feedback thread- http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
bigweave74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

I've also been looking at getting a mini. I like the axe, but for the price I'll pass, that and they only come in dust colors which I'm not fond of.
Ryan381 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone