mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Finally here, replacement buzzard parts! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/1499-finally-here-replacement-buzzard-parts.html)

jchen76 07-19-2006 07:14 PM

Finally here, replacement buzzard parts!

1 Attachment(s)
After 7 months of correspondence with Lauren Carter lauren@cartermachine.com , I got a set of replacement parts for my '04 buzzard. From the time of actually ordering to receiving the parts took 6 weeks, but due to various circumstances the order didn't go out until first week of June 2006.

Just a breakdown of costs of what I purchased.

$75.00 Bolt & Hammer Assembly
$37.50 Power Tube Assembly
$10.00 Pump Arm Screws (newer-style, one pair)
$10.00 5 sets of (4) O-Rings
$ 5.00 1 set of (6) screws
$10.66 7.75% CA sales tax
$ 8.00 Shipping & Handling
$ 156.16 Total

Attached image:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...1&d=1153346974

Be patient when ordering parts, it may take a while. Would you order a non-OEM part for your Ferrari?

Rayodder 07-19-2006 07:40 PM

but my 2 year old Ferrari doesn't need replacement parts :)

jchen76 07-19-2006 08:46 PM

Just playing it safe, since Carter is retiring, parts are gonna be hard to come by unless you're willing to buy another buzzard just for the parts. Think as a investment, 75 bucks for a bolt and hammer today, couple years who knows?

Chefdave 07-20-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchen76
Just playing it safe, since Carter is retiring, parts are gonna be hard to come by unless you're willing to buy another buzzard just for the parts. Think as a investment, 75 bucks for a bolt and hammer today, couple years who knows?

Never seen a bolt or hammer wear out in a pump gun...:confused:

Frontier_Bill 07-20-2006 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chefdave
Never seen a bolt or hammer wear out in a pump gun...:confused:

To be honest, i have... Right now the bolt in my Diablo pump is in some SERIOUS need of re-threading or replacement, the screws fall out if i am not careful.
But a hammer, nothing more than rust, which can be easily fixed.

B 07-20-2006 01:33 PM

$10.00 5 sets of (4) O-Rings !!!!!! talk about mark up margin seriously do some complaining about this as you can buy 20 #10 o-rings at the mega home improvement stores for less than $2.

I like Carters and all but I am sorry the prices are just a bit of line.

Frontier_Bill 07-20-2006 01:40 PM

To his defense, most of the hardware store o-rings wont stand up to paintball use, try putting one on a tank, they explode or shatter.

jchen76 07-20-2006 02:31 PM

Well, like anything else it's an investment. I'm sure I could've gone to home depot for the screws and o-rings, but had to get it from the source. Perhaps one day, I'll put up the hardware up FS on the forum when I retire from paintball (not likely soon).

Chris Mader 07-22-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B
$10.00 5 sets of (4) O-Rings !!!!!! talk about mark up margin seriously do some complaining about this as you can buy 20 #10 o-rings at the mega home improvement stores for less than $2.

And even those hardware store prices are hellaciously marked up.

Chris Mader 07-22-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill
To his defense, most of the hardware store o-rings wont stand up to paintball use, try putting one on a tank, they explode or shatter.

Actually, yes they will. The orings the hardware stores carry are 70 durometer Buna-N which is what most OEM parts use.

Tank orings, espically when used with CO2, should be at least 90 durometer Buna-N and you're not likely to find those at the hardware store. Polyurethane orings are best in that application as it's a much stronger material.