mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   The super bad paintball fever itch. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/153141-super-bad-paintball-fever-itch.html)

Helmi_17 03-03-2011 02:36 PM

The super bad paintball fever itch.

OK. It's March 3.

In ND, that means we have about a month until we can feasibly possibly maybe play some paintball. Even so, at the end of this month or beginning of April its definitely a cold and wet proposition, with a side order of mud.

My yearly paintball cycle looks like this:

On season: Play every weekend, spend all excess cash on paint and air.
Early off season: Play video games.
Mid off season: Get the itch, complain about winter.
Late off season: Get the itch bad, spend a pile of money on a bunch of un-necessary gear.

So far I've bought a new mask and... Five. Five new markers! Why did I buy five new markers? Because, getting them in the mail and all set up for playing (though I probably won't play with most of them) helps take the edge off. (Automag Classic R/T, BT TM7, PPS SuperStocker, Tiberius 9, CCM T2)

Last night, I sat up putting new macro fittings and CP hardware on my mags, changing the shell on my Halo, experimenting with the air set up on my Tac-One, etc. I think I've cleaned my gear 3 or 4 times this month.

I sat up talking with my buddy Kuhn until 10 past 3 in the morning talking about playing paintball and fiddling with gear.

Yes, I know there's winter ball, but there's a line... When it's -2 and windy, you don't want to play any damn winter ball.

Is anyone else stuck in this "can't play paintball" hell? How are you coping?

Stilgar 03-03-2011 02:40 PM

Sounds almost as bad as Canada!

Helmi_17 03-03-2011 02:46 PM

North Dakota might as well be Canada. We share the Peace Gardens with you guys, dontchaknow? Canada is a day trip for me, lol.

Stilgar 03-03-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmi_17 (Post 1719085)
dontchaknow?

HAHA, oh god I haven't heard that since I left Saskatchewan

Helmi_17 03-03-2011 03:02 PM

I don't talk that way in real life... It was entirely for your Canadian benefit.

cutstep 03-03-2011 03:09 PM

left or right ND?

Helmi_17 03-03-2011 03:11 PM

Middle. Capital city.

BenoitOWN 03-03-2011 03:14 PM

I buy and sell paintball gear in the off season and well some people setted up pistol only game in some indoor field at good price so im playing those when I can.

I could go to outdoor game in snow but it not much worth it imo as it slow me too much XD

georgeyew 03-03-2011 03:18 PM

I hope that it won't take too long for you to shake the rust off your game. But being that you play every week, you'll have plenty of time to get back into the swing of things.

Only a few more weeks, hang in there!!

chadders 03-03-2011 03:26 PM

theres a knife in my wall as i want to go balling wth my pumps..... well that and im ****ed off today. ye i whent balling a week ago but my pumps wouldnt work