mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
It didn't come with one but GoPro sells an attachment that is suppose to be used on handlebars or frames on bikes. Bike handlebars and paintball gun barrels are right around the same diameter so it works out perfect.
I had one that fit on my bike bars, but would never work on a barrel as i have thick bars on my bike haha
undercovercop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I personally am not a fan of headcams. The gun gets in the way, it's pointing all over the place, and you don't see what you are shooting at. The mistake I feel a lot of players make is they play exactly the same with the camera as they would without it which leads to jumpy unstable bad video. I use a barrel mount and make a point to run around with my gun up as much as possible.
barrel cam is nowhere near perfect. the perceived weight due to torque will tire you out quicker than you think, and the further out you mounted the camera the worse that gets. i save strength where i can; i play all day.

you also have to mind where on the bunker you rest your barrel, which is the equivalent hassle of that helmet camera sighting habit.

worse, where a helmet camera may just shake a bit randomly, the barrel cam is guaranteed to shake due to recoil, and it shakes at the worst time possible: when you're shooting someone and something cool is probably happening.

i have abandoned the barrel cam for years. never looked back. i'll rest my face lower on the gun any day if it means not having to deal with all the barrel camera problems. these days i'd only use it to film backwards at myself like that other vid.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
1-113 Cav 2 BCT 34 ID

Send a message via MSN to SPC. Cejka Send a message via Yahoo to SPC. Cejka

CCM Fan
I went with the contour haven't played with it yet but did some testing and it seemed to work ok with running and moving around.

SPC. Cejka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
worse, where a helmet camera may just shake a bit randomly, the barrel cam is guaranteed to shake due to recoil, and it shakes at the worst time possible: when you're shooting someone and something cool is probably happening.
Idk what you use for a mount or a gun, but in the video I posted you can see that there is zero shake from the gun firing. The gun acts as a stabilizer. You can go through my youtube channel for OSG (link is below) with the 10 something videos I put up for the field it doesn't do that at all.

I actually like the headcam for scenarios because during them it's not all about shooting people. The barrel cam doesn't capture the game like a headcam does. But for everything else...I'm all about the barrel cam.

Quote:
barrel cam is nowhere near perfect. the perceived weight due to torque will tire you out quicker than you think, and the further out you mounted the camera the worse that gets. i save strength where i can; i play all day.
I play all day unfortunately the camera doesn't make it all day and won't make it without 32+ gigs of memory and 2-3 battery packs. The point I was making is that players need to make a conscious effort when they are shooting video to remember where the camera is pointing.

I watched your camp pendleton vid. How'd you get it zoom in like that?
OSG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
1-113 Cav 2 BCT 34 ID

Send a message via MSN to SPC. Cejka Send a message via Yahoo to SPC. Cejka

CCM Fan
I think some people here have already talked about it, but I do feel the best answer is buy a camera and multiple ways to mount it. I have found many ways to mount it on the marker then mixing up the footage through out the day, then taking it all back and mixing it together to give you a good action filled video.
SPC. Cejka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to ezcreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teek View Post
Ive got an idea thanks to this post. It should be possible to mount a Gopro on to a mask visor. It would be centered between the eyes and not protuding much further than the rest of your noggin.
That s what I have done and it works incredible
Old 03-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

so i bought 2 pairs of those sunglasses with a cam. I bought one pair for paintball with 4gb card and the other with cam and mp3.

So once those come in ill take pictures and review them.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercovercop2 View Post
I had one that fit on my bike bars, but would never work on a barrel as i have thick bars on my bike haha
Use shims.

Problem Solvers Handlebar Shim at JensonUSA.com
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
i did u made them out of wrap and tape and worked great. Im going to use the glasses for the first person, the my other as a gun cam. Ill face me or the people one of the two.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I watched your camp pendleton vid. How'd you get it zoom in like that?
post recording edit on a computer.

another reason camera shake is a problem: any shake gets magnified as well.

it's also another reason i record in 1080p now in case something needs zooming in.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone