mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
Here is my video with a gopro 960. Its on the head band setup.
YouTube - Paintball Ginger Kill

I cant get the youtube link thingy to work.

Also the editor I use is the windows live movie maker. I know I know.
Yea premiere cs4 wouldn't even read .mp4's. You had to convert them to another file type. It was really really annoying. PP CS5 is awesome! This little camera ended up costing me over a grand because I had to upgrade my computer to edit the vids the way i wanted to. OOps. The upside tho is I can now build a PC from scratch. So it was a win all around I guess.

way off topic again...sorry
OSG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #42 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
Idk what you use but you have to make your own sequence in Adobe premiere pro. Mine works flawless. If you have any editing q's shoot me a PM and I'll gladly help out.
see thats the thing, the editing software that alot of us end users (read:cheapskates) havent stomached the cost of buying a 100+ dollar editing software

im used premier elements 8, that doesnt support 1080
ive tried movie maker, doesnt like mp4 (im sure that running windows 7 64bit doesnt help)
ive demoed sony vegas, playback was a mess
i demoed premier elements 9, it worked better than most but the playback still didnt wanna process correctly
got pinnacle studio 14 from father in law, its glitchy, install might be flawed
and i tried cyberlink power director. its the only sub $100 peice of software than can slow down 60fps to 30fps for smooth and clean slow motion without causing havok

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #43 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
see thats the thing, the editing software that alot of us end users (read:cheapskates) havent stomached the cost of buying a 100+ dollar editing software

im used premier elements 8, that doesnt support 1080
ive tried movie maker, doesnt like mp4 (im sure that running windows 7 64bit doesnt help)
ive demoed sony vegas, playback was a mess
i demoed premier elements 9, it worked better than most but the playback still didnt wanna process correctly
got pinnacle studio 14 from father in law, its glitchy, install might be flawed
and i tried cyberlink power director. its the only sub $100 peice of software than can slow down 60fps to 30fps for smooth and clean slow motion without causing havok

Tracker
yea...to get it done right u need after effects (mac) or adobe PP. Speeding up or slowing down 60FPS will tax your system hard. I have a 3.0ghz Intel quadcore that i overclock with a program to OC if I want, 8 gigs of ram, and windows 7 ultimate x64 and it pushes my system to the brink on export and gets close when watching sped up or slowed down video in the editing program. If you won't drop the cash or don't have a friend with "access" to the program to get you a copy I'd prob just record at 720@30. You don't need any more than 720 if it's for youtube vids.
OSG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:30 AM   #44 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
yea...to get it done right u need after effects (mac) or adobe PP. Speeding up or slowing down 60FPS will tax your system hard. I have a 3.0ghz Intel quadcore that i overclock with a program to OC if I want, 8 gigs of ram, and windows 7 ultimate x64 and it pushes my system to the brink on export and gets close when watching sped up or slowed down video in the editing program. If you won't drop the cash or don't have a friend with "access" to the program to get you a copy I'd prob just record at 720@30. You don't need any more than 720 if it's for youtube vids.
Man that's some compensation going on right there.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
a.k.a. lumpialooter

Just throwing in a late two cents...

I'd go with a ContourHD or GoPro if you can because of the video quality and because of the number of accessories & mounting equipment you can get with either.

Something neat to consider on the CountourHD, especially if you want to check your viewing angle:

Contour launches Viewfinder App, lets your iPhone talk to your ContourGPS (video) -- Engadget

For the Gopro, they are coming out with "back pack" modules to add to their upper line that adds battery life and/or a viewfinder and the Gopro has an endless sea of mounting accessories. Including...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/05/g...neform-in-its/

Not that adding a giant flat target would be a good thing, but its interesting what they are coming up with.

FYI I currently run with a barrel mounted Gopro, and I have not noticed a weight difference that would tire me out. They are fairly light cameras.

Last edited by Flipside; 04-07-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
A Little Grainy

3-D mmmm Everyone could watch a paintball flying out the screen at them without those blue and red glasses. Yay.!
Supergyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Did this for a friend a long time ago, but I don't know how it performs on a field.

It's a small wireless camera mounted inside the lens. Receiver and recorder stay on the sidelines.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Did this for a friend a long time ago, but I don't know how it performs on a field.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...2/PICT9503.jpg

It's a small wireless camera mounted inside the lens. Receiver and recorder stay on the sidelines.
That's cool. What;s the total cost on something like that? Camera excluded.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

FYI, Tachyon released their new lineup last week:

Helmet Cam and Helmet Camera | Tachyon XC - Worldwide Shipping on all Helmet Cams

I'd say their electronics/image quality are about the same level as the keychain cams -- but it's kind of convenient that they've done the ruggedization already.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #50 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
That's cool. What;s the total cost on something like that? Camera excluded.
Im interested as well.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone