mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Buying Gear rant (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/154326-buying-gear-rant.html)

M98punk 03-12-2011 05:25 PM

Buying Gear rant

Ok so as some of you may or may not have followed I used my spending money from my tax return to buy a bunch of gear I wanted for the season.

And I know that I get more then the average pokeyness from sellers because I strike a mean deal haggling. BUT

Out of the 10 shipments I ordered ALL but 1 of the things I got from forums either AO or MCB was shipped late, almost a week later then I was told. And EVERY person had some sob story or another. And at the first I felt bad, the second I thought I had bad luck, third I was feeling paranoid but not at the 4th I am PISSED :bang:

I pay you, so you put it in the mail. How hard is that, I know I should be great full that I didn't get skunked at all but do I need to do what I do with my students and ask to talk to parents?

So am I cursed OR have others noticed that the phantom illness or dead extra grandmother has caused you not to receive your goods. And what do you do about it in the future? I mean either I am a :censored: who has no sympathy if they are telling the truth OR do I trust them all and sit here and be bent over?

everex5 03-12-2011 05:57 PM

Just make it clear in the buying process that you send payment and expect shipping within a certain amount of business days. If its not done accordingly, than refuse the sale. Do it in a manner that you have control. You could also only deal with 18+ and both parties act like adults.

shadow_772 03-12-2011 06:05 PM

Life happens. I give a bit of lee-way for everyone, but I do enjoy getting something quick :]

storminnorman 03-12-2011 06:10 PM

Well I use to feel the same way, but as long as I get the item within two weeks I'm happy. Sometimes people don't have the time or forget. Life happens and when it does it takes importance over paintball. Just remember that you someday might have a issue and think how you would want people to respond. It happens but in the end if you got what you pay for and didn't pay an arm and leg isn't that the goal. Or next time pay for tracking and ask when it will be shipped by. If it is not shipped by that date given then complain but don't get mad. Your not hurting anyone but yourself.

Ir0nExpress 03-12-2011 06:26 PM

People have lives outside of paintball, like jobs, family and responsibilities. I usually give the two week rule. Or if I feel generous and I'm told before hand that it will be shipped late, the 45 day limit before I can't file my paypal claim anymore.

One general way I can tell how fast or slow something comes is the amount of feedback. If the guy barely sells things from his past posts, it's probably not a routine thing for him to go out to the post office on a frequent basis. So those usually end up slower as expected.

When you buy used, you take that gamble of good faith that the other person delivers. There's no obligations. Want full service? Pay store prices (and even that's not guaranteed).

Whee McGee 03-12-2011 06:29 PM

I could just be bad luck, man.

I did a trade with a gentleman on here. He shipped first, due to my feedback, but I ended up shipping 4 days later than I wanted to, because my two jobs happened to shift the schedules in which I worked about 12 hours a day. On top of that, even after wrecking my room, I couldn't find part of the gun I was supposed to send.
Thankfully, the guy was really nice about the situation, and I'll be sending it to him at a later point. I'm thankful the guy understood, and I know it happens.

Just chalk it up to bad luck, and be happy they all came through.

shadow_772 03-12-2011 06:40 PM

Though I just asked my parents back home and they said a package from Feb still hasn't come :\

Dave-D 03-12-2011 06:44 PM

I think if you agree to sell or buy something you should expect it to be shipped with purpose..... a week or two to ship a box?! It takes about 10 minutes to pack something and you should plan ahead as far as getting it shipped whether you need a package picked up or a drive to the post office.

"I got busy" is a lame excuse, it happens.... but unless you are 12 and need a ride somewhere OR you live in the sticks and there isn't a P.O. for a hundred miles is the only excuse.

And if you were planning on selling me something don't tell me you cant find a part AFTER the money is in your account that just comes off as irresponsible.

That all said. I have never had a problem here on MCB so If I have had dealings with any of you here (feedback left or no..) thank you for being responsible.

M98punk 03-12-2011 07:03 PM

See I have had a bunch of crap going on. Grad school, planning a wedding (or all that you can do as the man), working at a school full time. I still found time to get it out with in a day of when I said.

I'm not saying that that I said I wanted it a few days after I bought it. I paid for it, then asked when they will ship it out. And days after the time they said them would... no dice. IDK I'm just really annoyed that is was with SOO much of my stuff. Definitely not the worst waiting on a purchase.... Pneuframes anyone :-P

tencent 03-12-2011 07:29 PM

'most' of the time on here shipping is fairly quick for me however as previously stated I expect everything to take 2 weeks to get to me and just hope it gets here sooner.