mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

PUMP

Playing pump for the first time tomorrow at a "Scenario" field. Tour the Field | Sgt. Splatter’s Project Paintball
I've played at the field 20+ times so I know it really well.
Is there anything I should know about pump? How should I play really aggressive front or semi agressive mid? I'm using at Trilogy pump, 48/3000 and 50 round hopper.
UnrealworldPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
The way I play is just get as far up front as possable, pull a few matrix moves, and win. But really, just be sure to "AIM YOUR SHOTS" and have fun. So with that, have fun.
PAINTBALL GUY 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

always best to get close... your noise and shooting profile is lower with a pump so you're less of a target (until they catch on that you've been shooting em up real good every game, and decide to target you first )
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Get up front. You can't keep anybody's head down with volume of fire and the closer you are the more likely you are to make a hit. Get up front, balls to the wall. Just make sure you aim.
Cyrus-the-virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
I find that I move around a lot more playing pump. If you are going up against semi's, you have to make your first shot count.

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

PPS Fan
Also one word that will help you big time since you know the feild, it should be good and easy for you . . . . . FLANK them! They never expect that one crazed pump guy to be shooting them from 30' off their back right flank.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
post deleting ghost attak

CCM Fan
I want to play on a Monday! Good luck man, you're going to need learn what works for you... the hard way...
Old 03-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
That's really what it is, you gotta find what works for you. I haven't played on a larger field yet, but pretty much what everyone else has said, get up to the front, get there quick, and move a lot. Most players are content to take up a spot and sit in it, that makes them easy targets. Just watch to see when they go into cover, and move. Stealth is a key (and fun) part about playing pump, you can move faster, and often more silently, than other players.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

Get up on the second level against the back wall, snipe people through the windows!! ....dont fall down the stairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

snap shooting...once you get the hang of it, you'll find your average semi player likes to hang out waiting for you to pop out and lay a string on you. Once you are used to it, snapping will become your main weapon. Out, shoot, back in...if you do it right, once you pop back out you'll see them walking off.

The trick is to get them to post on you, good players will know not to sit there waiting for you with their gun up, but most of the time its a habit they get into. After that, its all about keying into their location. Practice practice practice, eventually your body will know where to point the gun and you don't have to work as hard at it.

Otherwise, sneaky is good, but since its your first time, you'll get shot out a bit more perhaps, but those eliminations you get feel SO worth it. Its just the sense of accomplishment that you did more with less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone