mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   WWA name change alert....be cautious (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/154842-wwa-name-change-alert-cautious.html)

wrongbloke 03-16-2011 07:04 PM

WWA name change alert....be cautious

just noticed that WWA might have changed ebay names to avoid the stigma of his previous feedback (eBay Feedback Profile for wwapaintball). his "new" ebay username seems to be Scrodmaster (eBay Feedback Profile for scrodmaster)

it appears the "scrodmaster" is an older account of his that he started using again a few days before getting a few neutrals under "WWApaintball". coincidence?

just a word to the wise if you haven't heard of this guy before. usually his ebay deals went down ok , but never get anything from his website, you may never see it or your money again.

Helmi_17 03-16-2011 07:10 PM

Probably not a coincidence. Thanks for the heads up. His stuff is pretty but the guy is a punk and a thief.

ta2maki 03-16-2011 07:43 PM

Why the need to change? The 'bad' feedback 99.1%. I can understand if the rating was less than 90%, but what does a .9% difference do?

HP_Lovecraft 03-16-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrongbloke (Post 1741925)
it appears the "scrodmaster" is an older account of his that he started using again a few days before getting a few neutrals under "WWApaintball". coincidence?

Maybe. His feedback is actually pretty good. I tried to find a negative but was unable. Those neutrals say something was refunded. No red flags.

And its normal to have multiple accounts. I have 3. One for selling, one for buying, and one for personal use. My wife has one as well.

That said, did he refund those auctions because he didn't like the low price? Well, thats against Ebay rules. Its possible, but I see lots of other auctions that ended for $.99 and those had no problems.

Perhaps he was cleaning out old inventory. When he got near the end he realized he was out of items he thought he had? That happens all the time.

Meh? Then again, we have all heard bad things about WWA, so its hard to give the benefit of a doubt.

desertT1 03-16-2011 07:47 PM

The other one might be PB only while this one could be used for anything. I saw that he had some machining tools on the non-WWA one.

wrongbloke 03-16-2011 07:53 PM

yeah theres a number of things that could be going on. I just operate under the assumption that more info is always better. its more of a heads up to those who may not know, encounter his ebay page, and go from there to his website where the vast majority of the shadiness that he is known for goes on.

Deuce 03-16-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft (Post 1742013)
Maybe. His feedback is actually pretty good. I tried to find a negative but was unable. Those neutrals say something was refunded. No red flags.

And its normal to have multiple accounts. I have 3. One for selling, one for buying, and one for personal use. My wife has one as well.

That said, did he refund those auctions because he didn't like the low price? Well, thats against Ebay rules. Its possible, but I see lots of other auctions that ended for $.99 and those had no problems.

Perhaps he was cleaning out old inventory. When he got near the end he realized he was out of items he thought he had? That happens all the time.

Meh? Then again, we have all heard bad things about WWA, so its hard to give the benefit of a doubt.

Yeah, he's been listing under the scrodmaster name again for almost 3 weeks now. People that have issue with him mostly all ordered directly through his website.

I've had no issues ordering anything from WWA through ebay.

Mirad 03-17-2011 10:16 AM

I've bought from him once before on Ebay from wwapaintball and the transaction went smoothly. Now that we have buyer protection, we don't have to worry as much ;)

Hamer101 03-17-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirad (Post 1742924)
I've bought from him once before on Ebay from wwapaintball and the transaction went smoothly. Now that we have buyer protection, we don't have to worry as much ;)

Yup, I just bought a freak tip a few weeks ago, super smooth, no issues as all.

Tyler_vanvoorthuijse 03-20-2011 12:10 AM

that a*****e still owes me a vertical SC phantom breech! And I don't even own a phantom ne more.... lol.