mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

sorry, i don't pad my post counts with "eh, its ugly" or, "meh, don't need it" posts. if i don't care for something, i don't say anything. why clutter a thread with chit-chat. isn't there dedicated forums for that?

personally, i have my first revy that i bought new in 99 and 2 halos. that's all i need. don't care for rotors(though never used one), evolutions, torques, qloaders, piknokios, warps, and just about everything else out there that loads a paintball.

also, you never seen a company release pics, but no specs of a product? Ferrari? Apple? Ford? Planet Eclipse? Macdev? Smart Parts? Chevrolet? Honda? shall i go on, or would you like to see the specs on that first?

pics before specs equals speculations to wet the appetite. vids plus specs equal capabilities. how many products have followed this formula?

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Wow. Somebody got up grumpy.

Threads are made for chit-chat. It's kinda the point of being on a forum, especially when it applies directly to the product the thread is about. It's not as if someone was decrying the price of rice in China. Feedback in all forms; positive, negative, and even "ok, but I don't need it so I won't buy it right now) is somehting companies need, and paintball companies seem to look at online feedback quite a bit.

I've seen plenty of companies release pictures first, but people are taking up money for this (preorders). I think if you've given the go ahead to do that, its time to post video of a tear down plus the actual technical specs of the hopper. Besides, how many of those other companies/industries you just mentioned take preorders for their products? Just the paintball related ones, unless you're having something custom done to one of the high end cars. We should not have to wait for an amateur consumer youtube video a month after products start shipping to see a tear down of this product, but I bet we will.

They tell you how easy the batteries are to get to, without telling you what type of battery it takes, for crying out loud!

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by betasniper View Post
You do know you can turn that light off on the rotor, right?
No I had no idea. How is this done? I googled and saw the thread that turned into redbeards rotor mod but didn't see intstructions for just having the light not light up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Os
All you small cap guys why not try a qloader. TBH I love my rotor, except for it's bright blue light. (For that matter the light on the side of my electro markers...)
Too big, too fiddly, unbalanced
I can see too big on a small marker, but the qpod fits nicely under the barrel of my tm15. Balances out quite nicely actually, remember it's only got about 100 rds in it, and using it as a foregrip evens it out nicely.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Os View Post
I can see too big on a small marker, but the qpod fits nicely under the barrel of my tm15. Balances out quite nicely actually, remember it's only got about 100 rds in it, and using it as a foregrip evens it out nicely.
The pump goes there
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
supply and demand...

why make something that people will barely use. paintball is about making money. money means they can make the products. faster guns, faster loaders, means shooting more paint(pump to semi, semi to electro-stock class to hopper). the companies/fields make their money off paint sales. without the fields/companies, who will make the products or provide places to play?

to those little hopper people, MAKE YOUR OWN!!! if you don't like something, make one yourself. since you(in the general term) aren't happy with the products, go on and see what takes to make something that fits your style play, or fits "YOUR CRITERIA" of a product.

i swear, for every new product, or different way of thinking, there are more people bashing it, especially on this forum. be happy that there are people still trying to make something new for paintball. how many companies have gone to the waste side? boohoo no 50 round hopper or stock class whatever. go on and read Manike's post of how he had to fight for the new trracer pump.

this complaining makes me sick. don't know anything about it, yet ready to bash it? ppppaaallleeeaaaasssseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think people are bashing it because it isn't any different than anything out there - so far as we know at this point. Rotors have their design, the Prophecy has improved on the design of the Magna's clutch system, etc...

But there has been nothing stated to make this any better - so why would people switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
sorry, i don't pad my post counts with "eh, its ugly" or, "meh, don't need it" posts. if i don't care for something, i don't say anything. why clutter a thread with chit-chat. isn't there dedicated forums for that?

personally, i have my first revy that i bought new in 99 and 2 halos. that's all i need. don't care for rotors(though never used one), evolutions, torques, qloaders, piknokios, warps, and just about everything else out there that loads a paintball.

also, you never seen a company release pics, but no specs of a product? Ferrari? Apple? Ford? Planet Eclipse? Macdev? Smart Parts? Chevrolet? Honda? shall i go on, or would you like to see the specs on that first?

pics before specs equals speculations to wet the appetite. vids plus specs equal capabilities. how many products have followed this formula?
You just did...?
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone