mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

I fired a modified Quigley with the old M60A3 at a gunnery range in Germany once. Our tank was driving at 15mph, the targets were supposed to be a personnel carrier to engage with the main gun and then troop targets in front of it to engage with the coaxial machine gun after, both about 2700m out.

I was so jacked up I lazed and blazed on the first panel I saw and blew a main gun hole in a troop target causing them to lock in the up postion. They ceasefired us, had us go back and do it again after they got the targets working. My TC was razzing me, saying I couldn't do that again in a million years. Daring me is not good...
On the next run I blew the personnel target off the post, the target heat round skipped off the ground and holed the personnel carrier target knocking it down too. The range CSM called target(PC) and coverage(troops). One of the other tanks watching complained that I didn't engage the troops with the coax.
The range CSM's reply I will remember forever.

"IF THE ________ NEXT TO ME GOT SUCKED INSIDE OUT, I'D _________ WELL BE COVERED!"

Ahhh the ole days, some good, some bad...

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Maybe ours should be called "a Clampett", after Jed and Jethro bouncing their shots of a rock and a tree repeatedly.

we get these quite a bit, often times intentionally (me and tyler are always trying to one-up with trick shots). yesterday we had some good ones... he shot a longball and bounced it off the ground, and broke on a guys lens (guy saw it coming too). few games later I got two trickshots in one game on city, first was off a rock onto a guys elbow (not that great), next one was a glance off the side of a building and smack into a guys lens, I was pretty happy with that one.

I think my favorite shots lately are shooting people while they are running, with a single shot from PGP. I got a wicked one off the break while running yesterday, and a couple good elims (both headshots) while opposing front player was switching bunkers (makes me extra happy since it saves my *** from getting outgunned in center field)
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

bunkers made out of 6 inch plastic pipe are good too. Some of our square buildings can be risky when you stand on the corner. A ball will come down the pipes about 8 feet and hit you.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
allergic to phone calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
That's the one.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Avoiding Lord Stanley...

I've been the victim of a bad bounce before. Looked up just in time to see it skip off the side of my buddy's head, hit my gun, and splatter all over my lens. He turned around holding his mask and asked "Did that break?", my reply "Yeah, on me!"
Old 03-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I was playing a game of 'one ball' (where we take off the hoppers) and I shot a guy who had pulled the pin on a grenade. I hit him in the grenade - it went off - and eliminated quite a few people around him.

Not what you were looking for - but it was about 4 in 1.

TF
I've done something similar after I got dragged into a kid's birthday party game. There were a half dozen kids in speed ball gear hiding behind one bunker and not advancing. I fired a pot shot their way, pegged one with a bounce on the top of his head.

Later they all head off toward the side line yelling at each other. Apparently they had ALL taken out paint grenades, and had been fighting over how you actually used them, and then the one I bounced the ball off of got startled and accidentally shot the bunker and scared someone else. It went downhill from there.

I really think The Whiteboard got it right about paint grenades in paintball. Their best use is to hand out to the opponents before the game starts.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Howdy!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I shot a guy with a Havoc and when I shot him he freaked out and shot his bunker. Eliminated like 15 people in the fort. Pretty epic.

Metadyne: Replacing broken parts, with NEW broken parts so you still can't use your new gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Redheads, brass, and wood; it's an MCB thing....
MY FEEDBACK
Chubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Question - if you shoot someone THEN they fire their gun/launcher/etc. does it count? Technically the player is eliminated and can't make any more kills once he is hit, right?
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
Howdy!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Technically, yes. But, the refs called them out. Shortly there after I was shot out. Sooo, 1 for 16?

Metadyne: Replacing broken parts, with NEW broken parts so you still can't use your new gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Redheads, brass, and wood; it's an MCB thing....
MY FEEDBACK
Chubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
Question - if you shoot someone THEN they fire their gun/launcher/etc. does it count? Technically the player is eliminated and can't make any more kills once he is hit, right?
I think it would be in the spirit of the game that it does count.

But as far as tournaments and scenarios, players that "play on" illegally still make valid kills. Thay're just cheaters.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone