mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
I think it would be in the spirit of the game that it does count.

But as far as tournaments and scenarios, players that "play on" illegally still make valid kills. Thay're just cheaters.
If he is caught doing it the player may be declared not out ...
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
If he is caught doing it the player may be declared not out ...
Once again, that's absolutely in the spirit of the game... But I think the rules state otherwise.

Selective enforcement is pretty important for our sport.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Once again, that's absolutely in the spirit of the game... But I think the rules state otherwise.
19.01 (3) and (4) are explicit, a player shot by an eliminated player is not eliminated and the ref can wipe off the invalid hit.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
19.01 (3) and (4) are explicit, a player shot by an eliminated player is not eliminated and the ref can wipe off the invalid hit.
Ah interesting. So how is it that so often speedballers are trained to deploy a sacrificial 1-for-1?
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
Not in the picture

Because it's not always cut and dry who was really hit first. Rarely is it a guy getting shot in the trigger finger being forced by the impact to shoot someone else, it's two guys going face to face at almost the same time, and in that split second the ref doesn't have the luxury of timestamped video replay to figure out who should still be in, so they both go...
www.knightstalkerspaintball.com
www.oxcc.com
Yellow5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Question - if you shoot someone THEN they fire their gun/launcher/etc. does it count? Technically the player is eliminated and can't make any more kills once he is hit, right?
And that was the pure beauty of mine. I hadn't actually eliminated anyone, they did it all by themselves.

I know I shouldn't gloat over the misfortune of kids, but I hate the little buggers in paintball. I despise them for standing comfortable and nearly fully protected behind bunkers that barely cover me when I'm on my hands and knees, and I hate how much smaller of a target they are.

Not to mention that I hate how their natural point of aim always seems to be slightly below the belt, rather than the centre of the chest.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
A Little Grainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckless View Post
i know i shouldn't gloat over the misfortune of kids, but i hate the little buggers in paintball. I despise them for standing comfortable and nearly fully protected behind bunkers that barely cover me when i'm on my hands and knees, and i hate how much smaller of a target they are.

Not to mention that i hate how their natural point of aim always seems to be slightly below the belt, rather than the centre of the chest.

Ha!
Supergyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow5 View Post
Because it's not always cut and dry who was really hit first. Rarely is it a guy getting shot in the trigger finger being forced by the impact to shoot someone else, it's two guys going face to face at almost the same time, and in that split second the ref doesn't have the luxury of timestamped video replay to figure out who should still be in, so they both go...
Yup, heads-up trades on a run-through or sacrifice play are often too close to call, but in this case where the hit itself causes the 2nd shot ...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone