mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   The elusive "Quigley" (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/156292-elusive-quigley.html)

S.L. east side 03-28-2011 12:06 AM

The elusive "Quigley"

Stumbled across a de-classified military report when it hit the news. Basically, two military snipers had been wrecking house where they were posted. Included in the report was the fact that one of the snipers had made the elusive "one shot-two kills" which in sniper slang is refered to as a "Quigley." Apparently, this term evolved from the movie "Quigley Down Under" starring Tom Selleck and his 'stash, where he makes the shot of a lifetime? Haven't seen the movie, but has anyone made a paintball Quigley?

D_sensitized 03-28-2011 12:16 AM

Not quite a Quigley, but I've been hit twice with one shot. 2 welts, 2 splatters. It hit my hand, left half its paint there and kept going with enough oomph to leave a second welt.

So no one can say its impossible. Just really really unlikely:P

moving_target 03-28-2011 12:20 AM

I've seen a version of a Quigley.

Guy got hit in the side and called himself out, the paintball bounced off his "natural padding" and broke on his buddy. 2-in-1 elimination

ApoC_101 03-28-2011 01:15 AM

fired one shot and hit the guys trigger, fired his gun and shot his teammate. both eliminated

another time I fired two balls, the first one bounced off a renter and hit another guy, second shot connected with a guys mask... all 3 walked :D

BigOldSkool 03-28-2011 01:41 AM

Ive double loaded one pumps (I do this on purpose alot to get the second ball to dip into a bunker) and shot over a bunker only to nail one guy that stuck is head out and his budd in the back of his head laying down in the bunker.... Ive never did it with one ball though.

JTurtle 03-28-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.L. east side (Post 1759794)
Stumbled across a de-classified military report when it hit the news. Basically, two military snipers had been wrecking house where they were posted. Included in the report was the fact that one of the snipers had made the elusive "one shot-two kills" which in sniper slang is refered to as a "Quigley." Apparently, this term evolved from the movie "Quigley Down Under" starring Tom Selleck and his 'stash, where he makes the shot of a lifetime? Haven't seen the movie, but has anyone made a paintball Quigley?

If I'm thinking of the correct news feed, it was a British Sniper. It was also a new world record shot at just over a mile and a half. It sounds like the round used was .338 Lapua.

Oh, and I haven't made a shot like that but was on the receiving end. We were playing a game of revolution. One of the guys fired a ball, hit a twig in front of myself and another guy. We were both hit in the legs. That was one of those WTF moments. It was cool shot though.

alpha434 03-28-2011 02:13 AM

One shot, two kills. In paintball, I think that we should count any way the shot was made, including double pumps, shooting a guy's trigger, splitting a paintball in half, bounces, etc.

Demolition37 03-28-2011 06:57 AM

Unless you were using a nasty.

I don't ever remember shooting two guys with one shot but on a related note whilst exchanging shots with another player we managed to fire at the same time and the paintballs collided midway between us, was really cool to watch.

alpha434 03-28-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Onion Bhaji (Post 1759947)
Unless you were using a nasty.

I don't ever remember shooting two guys with one shot but on a related note whilst exchanging shots with another player we managed to fire at the same time and the paintballs collided midway between us, was really cool to watch.

That happened in my first game ever...

Shooting Talons. Both of us. From the hips.

We were silly.

Talfuchre 03-28-2011 08:04 AM

I was playing a game of 'one ball' (where we take off the hoppers) and I shot a guy who had pulled the pin on a grenade. I hit him in the grenade - it went off - and eliminated quite a few people around him.

Not what you were looking for - but it was about 4 in 1. ;)

TF