mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Anyone hear from Tx_Aggie Recently?? Selling Etiquette Question... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/156338-anyone-hear-tx_aggie-recently-selling-etiquette-question.html)

LudavicoSoldier 03-28-2011 03:00 PM

Anyone hear from Tx_Aggie Recently?? Selling Etiquette Question...

I have been trying to get in touch with Tx_Aggie via email and private message here on MCB. Has anyone heard from him?

He put a down-payment on my BPS Express Sniper and then proceed to fall off the face of the earth in terms of contact to finish payment so I can send him the marker. I havent heard from him in almost two months.

I am really at a loss as to what to do... Should I just refund his PayPal deposit so that I can put the marker back up for sale?

845845845 03-28-2011 03:15 PM

Jeez, I would have refunded the deposit 6 weeks ago.

Nice pumps are selling incredibly fast recently so you shouldnt have a problem getting rid of it.

redthirst 03-28-2011 03:17 PM

PM him saying that he has a week or so to finish payment or you'll refund his money via PayPal minus fees and put it up for sale again.

If it was me, I wouldn't even give a refund... you could've actually sold the gun in the time you've held it.

LudavicoSoldier 03-28-2011 03:19 PM

Oh, I both emailed him and tried to PM him (PM box is full) a few weeks ago and let him know that I was going to have to put it back up for sale if he didn't respond. I guess I'll just refund the down-payment and put it back up for sale.

Spider! 03-28-2011 03:20 PM

That guy goes off riding the range sometimes. He needs an iPhone and some cell towers.

chopper duke 03-28-2011 03:21 PM

There was a similar issue not long ago, but I think that thread was deleted. I think solution is the correct one, especially since you've been trying to reach him.

swcblues 03-29-2011 10:58 AM

I see no reason to refund the deposit. A deposit is good faith money to hold an item rather than sell it to someone else. If the buyer is the one who cancels the deal (by word or action), the deposit is forfeit. I don't know of a place that doesn't work that way. I know there's been times that I've taken a deposit on a laser job and the guy has gone and sold his gun. I certainly don't give the deposit back in that case. For me, it's payment for my time in design. For you, it's payment for holding the gun through a time that you may have missed other potential buyers while it was off the market.

Email him advising that he has one week to complete the deal or his deposit will be forfeit and the gun will be relisted. I understand it's awkward if there wasn't a specific time frame agreed to for completing the deal, but 2 months is more than enough.

IIRC I had a similar situation where I held a gun for a month or so for TX_Aggie on his word of good faith and he disappeared. It seems to be a pattern.

Deuce 03-29-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopper duke (Post 1760383)
There was a similar issue not long ago, but I think that thread was deleted. I think solution is the correct one, especially since you've been trying to reach him.

There were other issues with people who had problems with him being shady and not shipping, etc. It should be in his feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swcblues (Post 1761715)
I see no reason to refund the deposit. A deposit is good faith money to hold an item rather than sell it to someone else. If the buyer is the one who cancels the deal (by word or action), the deposit is forfeit. I don't know of a place that doesn't work that way. I know there's been times that I've taken a deposit on a laser job and the guy has gone and sold his gun. I certainly don't give the deposit back in that case. For me, it's payment for my time in design. For you, it's payment for holding the gun through a time that you may have missed other potential buyers while it was off the market.

Email him advising that he has one week to complete the deal or his deposit will be forfeit and the gun will be relisted. I understand it's awkward if there wasn't a specific time frame agreed to for completing the deal, but 2 months is more than enough.

IIRC I had a similar situation where I held a gun for a month or so for TX_Aggie on his word of good faith and he disappeared. It seems to be a pattern.

I'm with this. The principle is sound. If it was someone that honestly fell on hard times or something I would probably still do a refund but with this guy it's a pattern. He forfeited the payment.

Agglet 03-29-2011 12:52 PM

If it's Paypal I'd just refund the deposit to avoid any future hassles. I don't know the guy to say if he would file a dispute or not but the last thing you want is him popping up two months further down the road and having your Paypal balance slip into the negative or your account to be frozen when you need it. If it were cash or a money order I'd keep the deposit and tell the buyer to go and hoop their head.

Robertsr 03-29-2011 01:00 PM

45 days is all you get with paypal from what I recall. Had to reverse a payment on Doc Nickle.