mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Gun Down in a game? DONT GO OUT! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/156595-gun-down-game-dont-go-out.html)

Kermit 03-30-2011 12:22 PM

Gun Down in a game? DONT GO OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMGsdOon8Q&feature=channel_video_title

I see this almost every time I play. Some kid runs out of air or paint and thinks he is no longer an asset to his team. In this case it was a two on two. My phantom went down and I couldn't shoot anything. Was I hit? No. My teammate didn't know where the other kid was, I told him. We won.

Moral of the story is just because your gun isn't working doesn't mean you can't be an asset to your team. Do you think if a soldier's rifle went down that he'd be unable to help reach the goal? Of course not. Same thing applies here.

Josh

The Inflicted 03-30-2011 01:12 PM

I took this to an extreme one time. There was a group of kids playing private games, and even when I offered to only use my PGP they were wary of letting me join. I came back and offered to play with no gun at all, and they were skeptical but allowed it. The result was actually pretty fun. I just hung around in the back row observing the opposing team and "suggesting" where my teammates should run to and sometimes poking my head out to draw fire. My team won by a wide margin.

Jdaddy615 03-30-2011 01:19 PM

I've been able to keep heads down shooting just air long enough to bunker tag someone

n2extreme1 03-30-2011 01:21 PM

When I used to play tourney ball you were not allowed to leave your gear behind and advance unless it was pods. I think it was you had to be within 5 ft or so. If you left your gun behind and advanced you were called out.

DarkShadowHunter 03-30-2011 01:23 PM

Unless I am the last one surviving I stay in when I run out of paint and/or air. At worst you can serve as a distraction allowing your team to take out a few more players. You could even help your team win the game just by staying if you are not hit.

A good example would be when I ran out of air and it was two or three of us vs 4 or 5 of them. I ran out of air and let my team mate to my immediate right know. Fortunately I was running remote so I just unhooked it and waved it around behind my bunker. My team mates quickly figured out I was out of air, but the other side did not know it. I managed to run up to their 40 and just played jack in the box while my team mates flanked them and we won.

Kermit 03-30-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Inflicted (Post 1763752)
I took this to an extreme one time. There was a group of kids playing private games, and even when I offered to only use my PGP they were wary of letting me join. I came back and offered to play with no gun at all, and they were skeptical but allowed it. The result was actually pretty fun. I just hung around in the back row observing the opposing team and "suggesting" where my teammates should run to and sometimes poking my head out to draw fire. My team won by a wide margin.

Oh yeah I've done that before too. Actually last summer at a Church Camp I showed up in full Valken and Proto gear, everyone was scared of me. So I offered to not use a gun and ran around with a "hand-gun"(index finger extended) and was basically playing run-for-my-life-because-45-12-year-olds-are-shooting-at-me. :gunsfiring:

Kermit 03-30-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2extreme1 (Post 1763770)
When I used to play tourney ball you were not allowed to leave your gear behind and advance unless it was pods. I think it was you had to be within 5 ft or so. If you left your gun behind and advanced you were called out.

Really? Nobody cared here...it was just walk on play.

Mayvik 03-30-2011 01:29 PM

Winning isn't everything.

Kermit 03-30-2011 01:31 PM

No, but it's a goal isn't it? ;)

redthirst 03-30-2011 01:33 PM

If I run out of something, that's when I start surrendering opponents.