mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Canadian to a fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
You are right but, at the same time, you answered your own question as well. I mean, I have 26 Mags and none of them was bought BNIB (ok, some parts were but I'm talking about less than 10%). Point is, if you buy a Mag today, you have a very good chance of resell it for the same price in, say, 5 years from now. That's what I meant.
That's the same as any other 10 year old gun. VM's might be considered good guns for resale, since their value is stable.

My point, in the end, is that price stability should not be a selling point when purchasing something. Buy it for the technical details, not the intangible ones.

Stuff I'm Looking For

The Whiteboard web comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

Last edited by Jordan; 04-03-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #42 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I'm not telling anyone to buy a Mag just because it won't loose value over time. And I wouldn't have 26 of them just because of that either, right?

I also said on my previous post why he should buy a Mag. So let's get back to the thread's topic.
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
mag shooter

some guy said that mags need maintenance lol

after tuning the lvl 10 all that is required in oil everytime you play that is not hard.

if it were me i would choose and older high end anyday. older dm's vikings and other electros can be upgraded to new modes by getting flashed from tadao.
after dm's are broken in then all they need is a good lube before eceryday of play.

like said earlier newer guns still have problems were as older guns have found them and fixed them and can be had for much cheaper than new.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #44 (permalink)
MCB Member

Jordan,
Your point makes sense, but remember where you are. We are a bunch of gun whores who often buy just to try it out and sell it again in a short while, thus the concern for resale value.
On the other hand if you are buying a gun to use regurlarly and keep for an extended period of time I would agree that resale value is of much less importance.

Superman, while older guns have had the problems found and fixed, there is the wear on the components to be considered. Granted i would be in the camp of "buy the older gun" but that would also be non-electro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html

Last edited by big jim; 04-03-2011 at 10:01 PM.
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to cnewingham

CCM Fan
personally for me I too buy older high ends (ego 07 ad DM6 so far) and they have worked flawless. I bought my nephew a used ION which I Upgraded the bolt an qev for him and he actually loved the ION over my ego and dm and plays better with it too. I have sense got rid of my semi's due to my new found love of pump but if I were to buy another semi (probably never though) i would end up with a $100 ion that sprays plenty of paint and maint. is not bad either.
After all, its not so much the marker as it is the player
cnewingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
That's not really a good comparison. I mean, if you want to be fair and do a decent comparison, considering the paintball markers being discussed here, instead of the cheapo Opel car, you should put either this:

http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com...2009-photo.jpg

Or maybe even this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4YfZuXnXeb...ront+Angel.jpg
The topic is old high ends vs new low ends. The Opel is a new low end.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
The topic is old high ends vs new low ends. The Opel is a new low end.
That both fit in the same price range.
acesn8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
Man The Myth The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
STI=poor mans Porsche. Almost the same performance for a third of the cash. That's why I own one
yeah i didnt get the car comparison either. i was like dam ill take the durable awd + 4 doors and usable back seats anyday. i didnt ebven know what year that porsche was.

buy a better comparison would be a new genesis coupe v6 vs an 2002 SVT mustang. i would definitly go with the older one there and they come in at the same price generally.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #49 (permalink)

im pretty nostalgic for some old FASOR makers. Thinking of trying to pick up an old Dragun TES just for the hey of it and have some fun.
I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
scpaintballer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:38 AM   #50 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
Matrix, vikings, most cockers, modded mags (generally), and DM's are PIGS. DM/matrix guns leak like a siv if the temps drop below 60 degrees. Mags and cockers are never ending maintenance. The exception are older bob long markers but they bounce like a prostitute on speed. If we are talking 04-07 then I may have to go with older High end.
lol wut?

i love how you didnt even bother to say why vikings are pigs.. you just sorta glossed right over that one

when was the last time you heard of someone mothballing a timmy for 6 years, and picking it up, putting air on it, it doesnt leak, and its still shooting the same velocity as when you put it away.. sounds like a pig.. to.... me?

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone