mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

or ask for videos of it shooting before you buy
518ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I really don't like trilogys. until you remove the pneumatics and use a pump kit. they are just terrible as semis in stock configuration (in my experience anyways... never had a problem tuning an autococker ever).
LIES!!!!! Trilogies are my favorite cockers out there. And I'm a professional cocker tech, so I've shot quite a few of them.

As for what's wrong with yours, check the bolt as mentioned. Otherwise, It might need to be retimed. Does the hammer move at all when you shoot? You can tell by watching the cocking rod.
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

I cannot dispute the trilogy on paypal for one thing, it was a trade for a kinect.

Ok, yes I ask questions, yes I look at feedback (ex. guy with trilogy had 33 positive or something like that). The bolt honestly looks the same either way it's turned, so i don't think turning it would do anything but i guess i'll try it when i get some air. The hammer? (if you mean the bolt moving back and forth, it does, i'm not sure it's suppose to be like this, but i can push in the trigger, and it'll hold the bolt back, then i can let go to let it go forward) anyways, i'll be seeing a kid this Sunday and I'll let him check it out. He owns many autocockers including a trilogy, and he techs many guns.

Also, I haven't become quite the tech, but sure i'm good at opening guns and knowing where parts are now, sort of... I understand how a lot of guns work now, and what each thing does. (For some guns, not all)

Honestly, I've done everything I could to prevent this. The person I talk to has good feedback, I ask many questions, I get pictures (you can't see problems with pictures), I do it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop View Post
seriously... where do you buy from?
i have NEVER had an issue with that from a user here.
No issue with a user here. I posted where I bought what from and what the problems were. The only problem here was one time it needed a new relief valve, but the user was very awesome about it and very sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangus999 View Post
sounds like you being lied to or not asking the appropriate questions.
example for the trilogy. I would have asked if anything is wrong with it like I normally do.
if they would have said yes. then j would have been putting a Paypal dispute in.
assume NOTHING. ask about everything.

and used is used so take that into consideration.
I ask so many questions. I always ask if there are any leaks, if it's in fully working order, any problems, etc. etc. etc. etc. and more etc.'s. I've had plenty people tell me it's in working order and they don't arrive working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Where and who did you buy them from? Did you leave appropriate feedback?
Yes and NO... For the mini, the guy was being nice and paid for the noid, but then even more problems happened and i already left good feedback. it was on pbn. for the trilogy, no feedback has been left yet.
7usabball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Yeah, pull the bolt out all the way. Make sure the air inlet port is facing down. If it's facing up then the air doesn't go down it to push the ball out of the barrel.
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Everything I've bought here has matched the description the seller gave me. That's what I've come to expect from MCB and so far I haven't been disappointed.

On another note, I was browsing the BSTs on pbn and wow, there is a difference compared to here. People put up rules like "You will ship first, end of story". I have no problem paying or shipping first but when you phrase it like that I'd rather tell you to go yourself if you post with that attitude (sounds like I've spent too much time on the 'nation already haha)

Thank you, MCB, for providing a pleasant and mature purchasing experience!
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

without reading the entire post it sounds like a pbnation buy. After seeing the things that plop into my lap for repairs from there, nothing surprises me anymore.

You trade a guy you know a condom for a beer.

He takes himself on home and calls you the next friday saying "hey bro, That condom you loaned me broke after I took it out of its wrapper and used it"

Would you really trade back a beer for a used rubber?
i_luv_strats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

Well, btw, it wasn't the bolt being upside down. The air passage is facing down.

And yes, I've had too many bad purchases from the nation, i wonder why i go back and bother buying or trading there.
7usabball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

My worst éxpériéncé was héré. Guy sold mé a warp with probléms, liéd about it, and only aftér I filéd a paypal claim did hé réimbursé mé somé of it back for néw shélls. I thought I was gétting a déal, but éndéd up paying twicé thé pricé just thé fix it up. Thén, hé thréaténs mé that if I léavé him bad féédback, hé will do thé samé. That is whéré our systém is flawéd. I pm'd painthappy, but névér héad anything from it. Don't buy from nickakathébést1

As for pbn, I havé had somé duds, but also somé supér stéals. Kind of balancés out in thé énd.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone