|The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|03-31-2011, 05:41 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atco, NJ
BST SUCKS (greiving and what not)
I'm just pissed with buying paintball guns and equipment used. I bought 2 more guns, a rapide and a trilogy.
1. The rapide, finally my first perfect fully functional, no help needed gun I bought used (only problem is the fps is low, but the seller told me this before I bought it)
2. The trilogy...
- completely dirty on arrival
- had a leak (needed to use teflon tape + a sealer + other crap (because the threads by the asa were stripped, and it was leaking between the metal hose and the asa)
- the gun doesn't SHOOT (the bolt goes back and forth, with hardly any air coming out of it (I was using a tank with probably 2k left in it, it's a 3k tank and that's plenty of air))
What's the problem?
Almost every time I've bought a gun used, it arrives with a problem.... and I've said crap about this before. But COME ON. I traded my friggen KINECT for a TRILOGY... The kinect is $100 used, unlike a trilogy which is like $70 used.........
Guns purchased in order, everyone, and problems:
- Spyder Pilot ACS (needed new capacitor)
- DP Fusion F7 (second best I've bought, chopped a crap load of paint is all)
- Invert Mini (bad noid, bad board, bad asa, etc. etc. etc. on ARRIVAL)
- PM5 (needed a new macroline + fitting, then when I needed to replace the battery the harness broke very easily and I needed a new battery harness + microswitch)
- t8.1 (I am fine with this guy, he was very nice. Needed a new relief valve)
- rapide (w00p w00p, no problems from a gun made in the 80's )
- trilogy autococker (leak, stripped threads, doesn't shoot)
Other non-gun related problems:
- dye i4 (needed a new lens, soft ears torn, after less then 5 games one ripped off completely)
- 3k tank (perfectly fine, but I just want to list everything i bought used)
Yeah, this is everything I've bought used, on here and PBN, eBay, and another forum unrelated to paintball. On here I bought the t8.1 and rapide. 2 good transactions that I'm very happy about. Honestly, I think I'll only start buying stuff on here for paintball, because this is getting ridiculous.
The fact that a lot of the problems cost money to fix pisses me off as well. Most weren't a fix anybody could do. A noid, capacitor, lens, battery harness + microswitch, macroline, fitting, etc...
Well, fml, and I hate buying used crap. Fk pbn, since most problems were from there.
The fusion, mini, and trilogy were from there. (as well as the dye i4 and tank)
The pm5 was from ebay.
The t8.1 and rapide were from here.
Well, whatever............ I've lost a lot of money buying used, it's ridiculous. I guess I'm done ranting.
|03-31-2011, 05:43 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Try turning the bolt upside down... sounds like that is your problem... or something ridiculous like it is missing a hammer or something...
|03-31-2011, 05:46 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Avratech Industries Inc.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
I really don't like trilogys. until you remove the pneumatics and use a pump kit. they are just terrible as semis in stock configuration (in my experience anyways... never had a problem tuning an autococker ever).
Visit us at www.avratech.com for sexy custom markers.
|03-31-2011, 05:59 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Beaver Falls PA (outside Pittsburgh)
my only advice is if the price looks too good to be true it probably is. on the flip side though i bet your getting pretty good at teching guns!
My Feedback - http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1575817
I also freak bore
A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
|03-31-2011, 07:01 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cleveland ohio
sounds like you being lied to or not asking the appropriate questions.
example for the trilogy. I would have asked if anything is wrong with it like I normally do.
if they would have said yes. then j would have been putting a Paypal dispute in.
assume NOTHING. ask about everything.
and used is used so take that into consideration.
my mcb feedback
|03-31-2011, 08:39 PM||#8 (permalink)|
That. And also ask for pictures. The more, the better.
|03-31-2011, 08:43 PM||#9 (permalink)|
seriously... where do you buy from?
i have NEVER had an issue with that from a user here.
live in the puget sound or BC and play pump. JOIN US!
I highly endorse Open source Development.
PPS Blazer, Splash Mag, and a Cocker for Sale!
|03-31-2011, 08:59 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Scewball, One Each
Always ask plenty of questions about the used gear. Also try to always buy from someone with a good reputation and plenty of good feed back. I know that doesn't always work when searching the used market, but it does help. With that said there are some exceptions to the rule.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|