mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Adding a New Player

Friday night, my brother, Joel, calls. Saturday, his work group is going out to play paintball. I have been trying to get him to play for years. He asks to borrow some gear. I try to talk him into my S6 pump, he goes for the 07 Borg. My older two sons are playing soccer Saturday morning and I coach one of the teams, I can't play paintball. Upon leaving, his comment is "don't worry, I won't get hit!"

He had a blast! We will be going out to play fairly soon in the future. On the down side, I have never seen a marker shot so many times!
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
So he went out with a work group of rentals? And you gave him a Borg? I'm sure he loved it, he was probably super-machine-gun man making his co-workers cower in fear all day.
My Collection
feedback
GtrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrLvr View Post
So he went out with a work group of rentals? And you gave him a Borg? I'm sure he loved it, he was probably super-machine-gun man making his co-workers cower in fear all day.
There was another player with a high end electro that was ramping. If it makes you feel better, he had a Revy for a loader and shot semi only. I am pretty sure he never shot more than 4-5 balls at a time.

My Blazer has a leak and most of my other markers are pumps. I really tried to talk him into a rental, I do not like to lend out my gear and one of the field has huge concrete blocks as bunkers, probably 8' by 3' and some are stacked.

I think he was scared to use a pump the first time out. His co-workers are all IT people and Engineers. At least he is playing! He did shoot approx 1250 balls in 3+ hrs of play, teams were 8 vs. 8.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

that's when you have those barrels that are basically poop, that everyone seems to just throw in trades, cause they don't want to get rid of the good stuff and you put that on. it may not shoot straight, like the matchstick on a stock borg, but if the poopy barrel gets scratched, you throw a fake fit asking him to be more careful and leave it at that.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Everything came back ok. Basically he was paying for any damage. I sent him with an SM-3 barrel kit!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, I'm saying that's probably the best way to have your first day of paintball.
My Collection
feedback
GtrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone