mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #121 (permalink)
Ginger Commander

Good job man, seems like the best possible course of action. We can only hope that the issues are resolved.
Detachment Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #122 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

about the best you can ask for, I also wouldn't be surprised if a representative of the insurance company hasn't read this. I know back in the 90's we had a couple of people through who were insurance company evaluators to make sure the field was following the standards. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like that is now online.

That said, I've been to too many fields like this. one had the parking lot next to the playing area with no netting, just a tapeline. the only chrony was a yellow handheld and you had to ask for it. stuff like that just makes you mad because you know its eventually going someone will get hurt. the operators thought it was just a big joke.

Anyway, good luck on finding a new place.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #123 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I've got a feeling I might not be welcome at rage anymore. Lol. Tony (the field owner) called me complaining how i got the numbers to the management and how they are cncerned and accused me of lying. I told him what's been going on for months and he gives me the excuse "people shoot the chronos and break them"
And i told him straight: "Listen, it's not my problem, it's not people's faults. I've been to many fields just like yours and they don't have that problem. It's you're job to make sure the chronos don't break and to have refs there in the chrono station so this doesn't happen. And all I want is to maintain the safety of paintball and the community."

He asked my age, and I told him I'm 20. He wants me to go down there in person and talk to him. And he claims he has 4 working chronos right now.

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #124 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

So he wants to talk now? Didn't you try that before? Didn't he make fun of you?

This guy is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #125 (permalink)
Howdy!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
I've got a feeling I might not be welcome at rage anymore. Lol. Tony (the field owner) called me complaining how i got the numbers to the management and how they are cncerned and accused me of lying. I told him what's been going on for months and he gives me the excuse "people shoot the chronos and break them"
And i told him straight: "Listen, it's not my problem, it's not people's faults. I've been to many fields just like yours and they don't have that problem. It's you're job to make sure the chronos don't break and to have refs there in the chrono station so this doesn't happen. And all I want is to maintain the safety of paintball and the community."

He asked my age, and I told him I'm 20. He wants me to go down there in person and talk to him. And he claims he has 4 working chronos right now.
Go down there... with witnesses.

Metadyne: Replacing broken parts, with NEW broken parts so you still can't use your new gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Redheads, brass, and wood; it's an MCB thing....
MY FEEDBACK
Chubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #126 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Maybe they addressed the issue and are now "saving face" with those above them. If the issue was addressed, will not be an issue in the future, and noone was hurt it could be chalked up to a learning experience. Sometimes I find saying "oops" as long as the situation is fixed is easier than assigning blame. Sometimes its not fixing the issue that people have a problem with, its taking responsibility. Thats an issue in and amongst itself, but it is not yours. I would probably go, but I tend to be a bit confrontational and well armed.

I was once at a tournament where I told the field owner exactly what I thought about a number of issues - including "stacking" the tournament in major favor of "home" teams. Ok, it was not the only issue I raised, perhaps often, and I may have been in rare form that day. Its generally accepted that I left before I was asked to leave. Twice... same owner, different locations. In the end I kind of regret my actions - not because what I stated was wrong, but because I could have done it much better and likely had more influence.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 04-22-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #127 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

i don't have time to go there today and maybe not this weekend, but i am planning on it. And the upper management is all involved now, and also the people that own the land and run it. So they will monitor chronographs now too. The land lord didn't know about them, and i spent 30 minutes educating her on the sport and need for chronos and she said she will now keep that always in mind and always monitor the owner.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Old 04-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #128 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post

He asked my age...
Sounds like he's grabbing at straws to try and find any sort of foundation to stand on and defend their negligence.

My answer to "how old are you?" would have been "how old do I have to be for you to fix your field's problems?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 AM   #129 (permalink)

Just read through this, and I am glad this seems to be coming to a sensible, and good end. The field gets safer, the owners of the land are educated, and everyone....sort of....goes home happy.

Though the dude operating the field seems like a bit of a tool....
Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #130 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Someone on pbn just told me they went this weekend and there seems to be an operating chrono now. Let's see if it lasts.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone