mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #41 (permalink)
allergic to phone calls

As a few others have said, they can be recycled. There's no reason to throw them away! At the field I work at, we have a bin for them and when they start piling up we make a run over to the local recycle place. If every MCB'r did similar, we'd likely be saving hundreds of pounds of re-useable metal from landfill every year.

[We also recycle dead batteries, plastic bags from paintballs, the cardboard boxes, all empty drink containers, and whatever else we can!]
Old 04-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sounds like a plan to me S.L.
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:26 AM   #43 (permalink)
Stock Class Playa

Pack them full of strike anywhere match heads and chuck them a few feet in front of people you hate
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #44 (permalink)

You can cut the round bottoms off and hammer them into the handles on chisels and punches so you can then hammer those tools without ruining their wooden handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.L. east side View Post
As a few others have said, they can be recycled. There's no reason to throw them away! At the field I work at, we have a bin for them and when they start piling up we make a run over to the local recycle place. If every MCB'r did similar, we'd likely be saving hundreds of pounds of re-useable metal from landfill every year.

[We also recycle dead batteries, plastic bags from paintballs, the cardboard boxes, all empty drink containers, and whatever else we can!]
I second this. No one should be throwing these away. The only thing that's saved the North American steel industry is production through mini-mills that use scrap steel as feed stock. That's not to say that you should just give them away to recyclers. Save them up and go to a scrap yard where they'll pay by the pound. Its been about 10 years since I made a 12g recycling run so I have no idea what they're paying now.

Recycling supports all sorts of American businesses, so recycle instead of throwing away.

Last edited by The Great Equalizer; 04-18-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Forgot something
The Great Equalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #45 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I throw them at the Weasel after the game cause I can never shoot him! Feyd...............
HA, you would need to use them to have any empties! J/K bro
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone