mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

A pump will demonstrate that you have the ability to one-ball.

When you shoot 2-10 balls every time, no one can tell.

If you play with any marker often enough, you're there.

However, you look good when you one-ball, therefore it is always superior.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

When you can't out shoot them, you have to out think them.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
^Bingo.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post all the things!

CCM Fan
I heard that when you buy a CCM or CCI it comes with snake oil that does in fact just make you awesome at paintball. Mikes guns obviously didn't come with the snake oil. As for me I had some but i lost it in my gear bag.. still trying to find it. Maybe I can convince Mel to send me a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Paintball is about how you look. Pump guns look like shotgun and are intimidating: throw on some camo and a tac-vest, maybe a rubber knife and you are the man. You will get picked first for every team, and people will all know that your gun shoots the furthest. Even if you are in the deadbox you will hear murmours of: "They shot the pump guy" or "I can't believe he got hit!?" Playing pump also improves your auto-erotic love-life, forearm strength and manual dexterity. If you are applying to the armed forces and tell them you play pump you can get direct assignment to any tier 1 special forces unit. Chicks dig pump players, it is like having them half drunk right from the get go. Pumps weigh less, shoot straighter and are more efficient. They can shoot both .50 and .68 cal with no conversion necessary. In recent punkworks tests they showed that pumps are 78% more accurate than the most accurate markers out there.

pump it up!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

The reason I'm a pumper is because

1. It's cheap. That's the main reason.

2. I don't need to shoot 12.5 bps(or whatever) to beat you. If I did, I'm not playing to my fullest. My gun is. That's why I pump. Once you get past this "skill from a circuit board" mentality you think about what YOU as a player needs to improve. If I win a snapshooting battle because my gun put more paint in the air, then I won because my gun took you out. If I win a snapshooting battle with a pump then I had no excuse for winning other than skill(or an insane amount of luck). If I lose, then I wasn't playing as good as I could have been. Make sense?
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

pump guns are awesome for both new and old players to develop their skills. a couple of my teammates have only played for a year, the whole time with pump guns, and are better than I was after four years (I started with a semi and switched later on). having a good coach/captain helps a lot as well

also, none of our markers ever break down, and we rarely service them... more time on the field that way. our bags of paint last longer, we take advantage of stealth to get closer and make more eliminations, and focus on footwork and gunfighting skills like snapshooting and coordination/shot timing, as opposed to focusing on sustained fire, which draws more attention than carefully timed snapshots and longballs.

I also agree with Mar, chicks totally dig pump players, and we have two very awesome chicks on our team who play pump exclusively, so pump is definitely more sexy in general

Last edited by ApoC_101; 04-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Dude.

You know rule 69. All mention of hott chicks must be accompanied by pictures of said chicks.

Don't be a tease.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

well, I suppose Erin wouldn't mind if I posted a photo of her, to show how cool pump is...

I think this was right before she turned around and one-balled a guy in the face while he tried to sneak up on her. she's been playing for just over a year
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post all the things!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
well, I suppose Erin wouldn't mind if I posted a photo of her, to show how cool pump is...

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...6-IMG_8551.jpg

I think this was right before she turned around and one-balled a guy in the face while he tried to sneak up on her. she's been playing for just over a year
Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone