mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencent View Post
Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

Pump may not make you a better player, but it will make you a better person
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Pump may not make you a better player, but it will make you a better person
This ^

The only definition of "better" here seems to be the ability to shoot some else out. Playing pump may or may not help you with some fundamental skills. If you look at the bigger picture and include little things like making fields welcoming to new players, playing with a pump helps accomplish this. After all, some of us aren't in this for glory or trophies, we just want to go out and enjoy some fun and friendly paintball.

Does pulling out your e-gun and ramping on some rental players during rec play make you a "better" player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Paintball is about how you look. Pump guns look like shotgun and are intimidating: throw on some camo and a tac-vest, maybe a rubber knife and you are the man. You will get picked first for every team, and people will all know that your gun shoots the furthest. Even if you are in the deadbox you will hear murmours of: "They shot the pump guy" or "I can't believe he got hit!?" Playing pump also improves your auto-erotic love-life, forearm strength and manual dexterity. If you are applying to the armed forces and tell them you play pump you can get direct assignment to any tier 1 special forces unit. Chicks dig pump players, it is like having them half drunk right from the get go. Pumps weigh less, shoot straighter and are more efficient. They can shoot both .50 and .68 cal with no conversion necessary. In recent punkworks tests they showed that pumps are 78% more accurate than the most accurate markers out there.

pump it up!
Someone pass this guy some Mayo!

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Does pulling out your e-gun and ramping on some rental players during rec play make you a "better" player?
Only if you make them cry.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
Playing pump or limited paint teaches you a DIFFERENT set of skills. I still maintain after 20+ years of play that pump users and ramping users of the SAME SKILL LEVEL will result in pump users being shot out.
AMEN!!
Drives me nuts when people argue that pumps have little disadvantage.

I think playing pump can make certain players with certain skill sets better. I think that I am 100% more useful to my team and a better player when I have a phantom vs a vice. Why? I can run faster, dive farther, play bunkers tighter (and come over the top of the snake) aim better and am just more versatile with a lighter more compact marker. Also, when I have an electro I think less and have lower trigger discipline. Plus, I play waay up front and don't shoot a ton anyways.
nelsonizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
a.k.a. Dirty Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlarson11 View Post
My thoughts are the more fields, formats, gun types (electro, mech, pump, stock) you play the better you will be.

Play the same games, with the same people, using the same equipment everytime and you will remain the same.
^This^ I think that once you get to a certain level the only way to improve is to change it up. I've always felt that way with anything related to muscle memory. Practice one "thing" till you have it down, then move on, but don't ignore the original skill you practiced, add it to what you do next.
Hamer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
I'm your Huckleberry...

Playing with my pump makes [B]me[B] play better. I move more. I change angles more. I look for different opportunities more. I hesitate less.
With my pump in my hand, I always feel like I have something to prove.

This is my opinion. For me. Does not apply to you? Then don't jump down my throat.
worrlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Stock Class Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find nothing wrong with what mike said. a pump gun isn't a magical device. it's just a gun lacking the advantages of an electropneumatic so you have no choice but to focus on using your skills for once. if you give yourself a handicap to only one-ball during a game, you would be doing the same thing. he basically just said one thing a couple times over the course of 4 minutes.

it's the exercise on the normally unused skills that pump play allows to rise to the surface that can make you better. just buying a pump gun isn't going to make you better, playing with one will.
My pumps give me mystical powers to one ball people.

In the end, as everyone else said, each style has its own set of skills needed. Some require more skills while others use less.

We all play different and I do play better when I switch from a pump to an electro. I get lazy if I just play with an electro.
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
I strive to one-ball - but usually I double or triple tap to make sure a ball breaks on target.

I don't see what the big deal is about one-balling someone. In my experience, that one ball never breaks and now you're in trouble.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone