mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   International eBay shipping (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/158421-international-ebay-shipping.html)

super-cameron 04-13-2011 09:43 PM

International eBay shipping

I have a marker on eBay and I have a dude in Russia that is interested. 2 questions:

1. Are they any stipulations selling a marker to a Russian address?

2. Should I send a perfectly fine piece of American craftsmanship to Soviet Russia? :rolleyes: (that's a joke)

Titus 04-13-2011 09:48 PM

1. I've shipped a few paintball items to the USSR ;) and had no issues.

super-cameron 04-13-2011 09:49 PM

I don't know why I didn't just ask you, Titus. Should've known better!

Titus 04-13-2011 09:57 PM

Just be sure the payment clears and you use USPS.

bigbthebenji 04-14-2011 10:43 AM

Make sure you use a method of shipping that has signature confirmation

Move 04-14-2011 11:04 AM

i always ship registered mail when shipping oversea, usually runs 40ish dollars. if hes willing to pay for registered mail then i would do it. you can usually track international shipping by the customs label.

mpsd 04-14-2011 01:09 PM

Move,

As I live in Brazil, I'd like to thank you for agreeing to sell and ship to foreigners as well. I had done several busineses with Titus, Sugarstump and others with no big problems at all but sometimes people just don't want to do business with me just because I am overseas.

The only advice I would like to give you is that you should warn the person in Russia two things:

- It may take quite some time to the merchandise to arrive (I had packages delivered in less than a week and others that took 3, 6 months. One loader I bought took a full year to arrive, believe it or not).
- You should not be held resposible for any customs fees, delays or even aprehension of the marker you are shipping.

When I buy something from outside the country I do know about those points and I never complain with the seller, as long as he/she gives me some proof of shipping. Your buyer must know about that too.

HP_Lovecraft 04-14-2011 01:33 PM

I thought Ebay specifically forbid paintguns from being sold outside of the USA? Whenever I would sell a paintgun, Ebay would force my auction to be "USA ONLY".

Then again, Ebay rules also require that any paintgun that slightly resembles a real firearm have permenant "BLAZE ORANGE" muzzles... lol

Anyway, money is money. But never, ever accept a Western Union from a stranger!
Like others have said, wait until everything has cleared, then ship it off.

NOTE: The post office no longer ships international ground, so shipping guns overseas can be expensive.

i_luv_strats 04-14-2011 01:39 PM

I will only ship items overseas express usps w/insurance. If the buyer agrees to pay that much extra then I'll ship it there.

russc 04-14-2011 02:29 PM

Yep, use USPS, use insurance. Signature is good, too. Don't be a cheapskate on shipping costs to cover your ***, especially if the buyer is paying it.