mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
ive been thinking about this the past couple months also. i miss the days of going to the local sporting goods store and buying paint for me and my friends, getting our co2 tanks filled, and playing for hours behind my friends house. started off with a viewloader, a spyder, and when one of my friends got an ion we were all scared.

my 1st two guns were spyders and im always going to have a soft spot for them..no matter what gun i get, i still love that first spyder i ever got. i could beat the crap out of it and it still would work.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Everything old is new again. Our group (as referenced by cjottawa) is playing with all of the goodness that I started with in the late eighties and early nineties - with a few exceptions...

Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
...Asking if anyone wants brass on MCB is like going to a Weight Watchers meeting and asking if anybody wants ice cream.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

My first gun was a tippmann 98...the first gun I played with for about a year was a PGP. I shot the same PGP again and a rush of memories came back. I might offer him cash for that gun.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ginger Commander

My first marker was a brass eagle stingray but I just used it for backyard fun. Kinda want another one to be honest. Guys at the field have been bugging me to get a semi forever. It would be fun to have that be the only semi I own.
Space Dildo: Comes in many colors. Has lots of pretty lights and electronics. Multiple speed settings. Needs lots of lube.

Mechanical Lover: Characterized by all mechanical operation. Lots of hoses, valves, regulators, etc. Also needs lots of lube. Careful, they bite.

Sloppy Seconds: Any double stack blow back derivative. If it ain't broke, send it off to China and make gazillions of them.

Manual Labor: All you need is your hand. Just pump.

Old Wood: If it can give you splinters or can club a moose to death.
Detachment Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

I think I figured it out. Gunna try and find a Avalon Diamond GT LImited. Thing reminds me of something that would have crawled out of Carters shop.

This is the tenth line of my signature

Last edited by foughtwolf; 04-16-2011 at 08:35 PM.
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
While my first gun wasn't a Spyder TL, it was the first "decent" one I had. Only one at my field at the time (98-99). First edition. Man did I love that thing. Had a J&J Ceramic Barrel on it.

I've often thought of getting another one just to have around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

There seems to be a really awesome "discovery period" in every player's career, where all the ideas you and your friends come up with are new and interesting. Stuff gets made in a garages, ridiculous strategies are formed, and lots of money is wasted on useless upgrades.

And you know what? It's the most fun you'll have with the sport, even if you stick with it. It's great because at this stage paintball becomes the first game you've ever played where there is no "right" way to do anything.

This is usually destroyed the first time people find one of the major paintball web forums or is exposed to mainstream tourney/scenario culture. Maybe everyone becomes a better player, but most of the time they either loose interest in the sport or become totally homogenized like every other experienced player out there.

This isn't my picture, but it pretty much sums up what I'm talking about:
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
Yeah yeah. Not the 'Old' days, I miss me and my little group of friends, and a set of lowend markers. I miss my powerfeed spyder TL and when the highest firepower any of us had was a sparkly new Diablo Mongoose. I miss the giddy feeling of buying a second hand 9 volt Revvy and an elbow that could actually support it. Not really the 'newbie' amount of experience, more so just when simple equipment like that was all you needed. I dont really know what it is I miss so much about it, but I know that playing a game of speedball with a completely busted *** spyder TL that wouldnt shoot above 170 FPS and wouldnt recock, with a droopy, loose hopper and elbow made me miss it.

I think Im going to put together a real grass roots gun with some class..
Me too man. I'm still chasing the old days. Maybe I should just start hosting renegade games in the woods behind the new house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
Hmm. Must be a Spyder thing. I had one of these guys a long time ago.
http://www.paintball-dalmacija.hr/1/...der_sonix2.jpg
Hah, that was my first Spyder. Still have it as a matter of fact, less than a full case through it as well. It's minty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
There seems to be a really awesome "discovery period" in every player's career, where all the ideas you and your friends come up with are new and interesting. Stuff gets made in a garages, ridiculous strategies are formed, and lots of money is wasted on useless upgrades.

And you know what? It's the most fun you'll have with the sport, even if you stick with it. It's great because at this stage paintball becomes the first game you've ever played where there is no "right" way to do anything.

This is usually destroyed the first time people find one of the major paintball web forums or is exposed to mainstream tourney/scenario culture. Maybe everyone becomes a better player, but most of the time they either loose interest in the sport or become totally homogenized like every other experienced player out there.

This isn't my picture, but it pretty much sums up what I'm talking about: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs14/i/20...nimaRaptor.jpg
I agree and that picture is awesome. One of our friends actually wore that white urban camo. Believe it or not it worked surprisingly well with all the white sand we have down here, especially at night. During the day not as much.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tinker Extraordinaire

Hmmmm,

Yea, the people made the "old" days the "golden" days for me. Now, the people i play with, outside of my brother, don't even live in the same state as me. But see the good thing about people is, given they're not dead, those days could be rivaled if not topped if i get'em all together again.

I say that because.. Spyders... Goddamn' spyders... Love/hate relationship with them. Given I'm still bitter toward Kingman for all the unnecessary time and money i spent trying to work around and accommodate every proprietary surprise awaiting me when i tried to upgrade it, more importantly i resent not knowing about what i like to call the old "Kingman Complex" ahead of time. could've avoided it.

But then again, can't say I don't miss my first gun:

That thing survived like 10 years of on/off semi-meaningless tinkering.. but soon it will rise again as the centerpiece of my latest work... I'm calling project Mandarin.

)))
You all have been warned
))))
Tachiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Yeah I feel like a hopeless addict. Keep trying to chase that "high" from way back when and the more often than not current paintball just doesn't do the job.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone