mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #21 (permalink)

I miss having friends to go with. In like 8th grade we started with about 5-8 of us who all played pretty regularly. Then everyone lost interest (one actually died in a tragic accident) until I was the only one who played still. We were also big Spyder fans, except for Grant. He was a Tippmann 98 guy and we would have endless arguments about that,
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Mind Detonator

huh, I totally feel the opposite, paintball has improved every year for me, especially after I gave up expensive gear in favor of simple pump guns, minimal gear and focusing on the group of people I play with. it definitely takes good people to enjoy paintball on a regular basis though.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Run with siccors!!

Send a message via Skype™ to Darth

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
I know that playing a game of speedball with a completely busted *** spyder TL that wouldnt shoot above 170 FPS and wouldnt recock, with a droopy, loose hopper and elbow
that sounds familiar... I know the feeling, being able to go out and play with the only worry being what my next up for my ion would be

2011 D-Day Allied CEF CanScot
2012 D-Day Allied CEF Baker Coy.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
It's great because at this stage paintball becomes the first game you've ever played where there is no "right" way to do anything.
There is a lot to be said for pickup games and recreational play. My dad tells stories of the pickup baseball and basketball games of his youth, but when I was a kid no one would play unless they were involved in some sort of league. Paintball was the first sport I played where we could get together in our spare time. There were no overeager parents, no obsessed coaches and no one telling us we had to perform instead of having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
huh, I totally feel the opposite, paintball has improved every year for me, especially after I gave up expensive gear in favor of simple pump guns, minimal gear and focusing on the group of people I play with. it definitely takes good people to enjoy paintball on a regular basis though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
I miss some things about high school and the crappy paintball gear I used but mostly it was the people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
it's all in the company you keep

I'm almost at the point where I'd rather only play a few private games a year than deal with walk-on rec games.
don't get me wrong, some of the walk-on games have been an absolute blast, other times... not so much

I should really try to get back into outlaw/renegade games
I agree that it's all about the people. It is a hell of a lot more fun to play with a group that you know is going to be safe, respectful and friendly. I hate showing up at a field and discovering that half the players are dicks. We just held a game to introduce 6 new players to Paintball and chose to hold it on private land so we could be sure the newbies wouldn't be overshot by people who could afford to blow 3 cases in a day. It was one of the best games I've had in years.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Dude I have totally been feeling this lately. I miss the old army surplus store gear and cheap guns. I felt pretty badass when I "upgraded" from my Rebel 02 to a Mongoose. All the guys that I basicaly grew up with playing this game don't play anymore and I am the only one left. It's hard to get that kind of fun back.
Marbo40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I now mainly play with either my 68 Special, Pro Mini Lite, or VM-68. with old school Revies. Old school is the way to go.

MCB Feedback AUTOMAGS.ORG Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
Tom Kaye follows Jason Finne on Twitter.
jason_finnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:29 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbo40k View Post
Dude I have totally been feeling this lately. I miss the old army surplus store gear and cheap guns. I felt pretty badass when I "upgraded" from my Rebel 02 to a Mongoose. All the guys that I basicaly grew up with playing this game don't play anymore and I am the only one left. It's hard to get that kind of fun back.
I'm with you here. One of the only good things about the economy going down the tubes is that a lot of my original paintball group, now in their mid to late 20s, have had to move back in with their parents. Maybe we can get the old gang back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_finnie View Post
I now mainly play with either my 68 Special, Pro Mini Lite, or VM-68. with old school Revies. Old school is the way to go.
For me its Pro-Lite, VM-68 and a Hornet.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

i miss the days of paintball before i started playing. i love old skool stuff but ive only been playing the last 5 years.
MIDWESTHIPPO117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDWESTHIPPO117 View Post
i miss the days of paintball before i started playing. i love old skool stuff but ive only been playing the last 5 years.
Hey, its guys like you who brought back the SL68 II.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Equalizer View Post
Hey, its guys like you who brought back the SL68 II.
that was my first pump, the old version though. it was an ex field rental
MIDWESTHIPPO117 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone