mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #51 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Isn't that the definition of simulated warfare?

Google's definition of warfare - 1. Engagement in or the activities involved in war or conflict

Google's definition of war - 1. A state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state 2.A particular armed conflict 3. A state of competition, conflict, or hostility between different people or groups
warfare = mass combat, in the first games there were no teams, you used your personal skills against a few others acting individualy.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Equalizer View Post
1) “What type of game did you want to play when you first got into paintball?”
2) “What made you progress to your current preferred style of play?”
I was first introduced to the sport back in '86 when I was 4. My parents say that my dad came back after playing for the first time and told us the stories. My twin and I were hooked. I imagined it was a powder splat instead of wet for some reason.

Then, when I was about 13 or 14, in 95-96ish, We played our first game. It was scary. My pump rental had terrible velocity, but I didn't know better to get a new one. I got one elimination, my twin, by catching his watch. One game it came down to 8 adults with semis to me. Scary...

We played it two more times, and though it was fun, we hid most of the time. It wasn't until after college that I got back into it, got my first marker, started hanging out on pbreview and learning. From that point on, I was hooked.

I play mostly pump, because of my phantom. It was made in Oregon, I live in Oregon, it was my second new marker, and still my most expensive out right purchase (though my mags are a little more now). I didn't start pump because of the reduced cost, though that is a nice bonus. I did it for the challenge and to stand out. I always have to stand out. I've never had the same marker as another person on the field. It's a good conversation starter, especially when the other walk on's (my main type of play) say "what's that?"
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone