mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Juggling Hobbies... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/159105-juggling-hobbies.html)

Kermit 04-19-2011 06:42 PM

Juggling Hobbies...

The crash cymbal on my drums just broke and it needs replaced, but I also need a new barrel. I also want a new lens for my camera but I've got to get a new RV mirror and tires for my car. Oh yeah, my paintball pants just ripped, my hard drive on my laptop went out, my guitar needs some neck work, my amp needs replaced, my TV just broke, I've gotta buy new tires before living legends, and somehow I have to pay insurance each month! Fun!

Whado!??!

Aint it fun? I need a job.

:bang:

usagi_tetsu 04-19-2011 09:22 PM

*nods* A friend of mine once told me "you can have it all... just not all at the same time." The dilemma of modern society in 1st and 2nd world countries is not what to do with your spare time and $$$ and what not to do to keep a roof over your head and the most important hobby running.

Railgun 04-20-2011 12:54 AM

I've got so many hobbies that all yell at me for time that I jokingly tell folks that "when I'm bored it's because I need the rest.". Sadly or happily, depending on how I feel at any given moment, it's not a joke in the slightest. The "sadly" part typically comes on any given weekend when at least two things are going on that I'd like to do.

.... I wish I could clone myself and we all go out and do stuff and compare notes that evening.

ApoC_101 04-20-2011 01:01 AM

machining and paintball. now one and the same! I have a lot of outdoor things I love to do but paintball always comes first. basically all of my hobbies are things which benefit or compliment paintball.

Kermit 04-20-2011 01:03 AM

I might just dump paintball play all together for a season or two just to focus on paintball photography. That'd be fun. Maybe.

tomdabmb 04-20-2011 01:20 AM

if you can find a way to make money like recording and editing for teams you could definately make some $$$ to fuel your hobbies

Listessa 04-20-2011 01:27 AM

Well, that's just why you have to have so many hobbies. Then stockpile stuff for each of them randomly as you have extra time. That way, even during lean periods, you will have plenty of stuff to do if you dig it all out. :D

As for deciding- prioritize! Sounds like the insurance, car, and computer stuff might have to take priority over paintball. Bills suck, don't they?

ta2maki 04-20-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigballa (Post 1795613)
The crash cymbal on my drums just broke and it needs replaced, but I also need a new barrel. I also want a new lens for my camera but I've got to get a new RV mirror and tires for my car. Oh yeah, my paintball pants just ripped, my hard drive on my laptop went out, my guitar needs some neck work, my amp needs replaced, my TV just broke, I've gotta buy new tires before living legends, and somehow I have to pay insurance each month! Fun!

Whado!??!

Aint it fun? I need a job.

:bang:

Dang, you have all that with no job? I'm in a similar boat with a job.

Mike68 04-20-2011 05:55 AM

I feel your pain man, I just sold a mint Arbor longboard so I can afford a pretty little chromed PGP. It'll be worth it in the end :drool:

glaman5266 04-20-2011 09:29 AM

I dump a lot of money into paintball and firearms. Way more than what the wife dumps into anything she does. Low/no cost hobbies are the key for my paintball funding. I'm getting laid off for ~2 months this coming summer, but I'm not worried- I'll just cut back on paintball for that time. Plenty of low/no cost stuff to do near home.