mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   9oz tank recommendations? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/159399-9oz-tank-recommendations.html)

PAINTBALL GUY 3 04-21-2011 10:17 PM

9oz tank recommendations?

Hey all,

So I'm looking to pick up acouple new tanks for myself and 9oz is the size I want. Now, from looking around, it would seem that different brands put out different size tanks. By this I mean that some are longer/shorter, thicker/ thiner then others. Am I crazy or is this true?

What I'm looking for is a real light, skiny tank. TC markings and fair qualty. Any ideas?

Also, anyone ever deal with paintball discounters? $14 buck seems like a heck of a deal for 4 / 9 / 20 OZer's........

CO2 Tanks at Paintball Discounters

Thanks all.

Ti

Mike68 04-22-2011 02:23 AM

I've only ever seen 9oz's in one size, but that doesn't mean that other sizes don't exist.

However, I think it's kind of useless to try to compare the quality between one company's 9oz CO2 tank and another's. As long as they're both safe, one is probably going to perform just like another. I've never seen an objectively better quality CO2 tank than any other, they all seem pretty standard to me :confused:

woouulf 04-22-2011 02:26 AM

:huh:I like the round one's

wanderlustre 04-22-2011 04:43 AM

For nine ounce tanks I've seen the long skinny one like the one in the link as well as a Brass Eagle steel tank (stay away) and I own a short stubby Pure Energy 9oz. The one I own is like a 12oz tank cut short for 9ozs. Pretty nice for people with shorter arms. Looks like the one in the link is what you're looking for. Also, There are 7oz tanks that are even skinnier and lighter.

mikeds80 04-22-2011 10:31 AM

The only way I can imagine a tank being low quality if with the valve. When I first started playing the 9oz that came with my tippmann's valve wouldn't seat on its own so I had to use pliers close the valve all the way after playing. No amount of oil helped and I even got the tank replaced. Really it wasn't a big deal. If you get a tank with a moot valve you can just get a used replacement for cheap and put it on the tank body. As long as it meets safety standards it should be fine. I prefer the long skinny tanks, the stubbies are good for smaller people though.

PAINTBALL GUY 3 04-22-2011 10:47 PM

Ya, I was more concerned about the valve qualty then the tank qualty. A buddy of mine bought a "no name" 9'er a few years ago and the valve literally had "pit's" in it from the casting. That, and it gave out after about 3 weekends of play.

Now Wanderlustre mentioned 7oz tanks, I had forgoten about them. After a quick search, the only one that has them for sale new is cRap4, but forget about it at $60 each.:huh: I think I would rather go with the 7oz, so I guess I'll have to hit the WTB eh?

Anyway, thanks to all.

Ti

Phoenix01 04-23-2011 12:54 PM

I saw someone selling come chrome-moly 9oz tanks on here not too long ago for a decent price. It was in the MISC. on BST.

wanderlustre 04-23-2011 02:44 PM

I think are a few 7oz in the BST. They never have to be rehydroed so it's not really a problem buying used.

PAINTBALL GUY 3 04-23-2011 06:10 PM

On it!;)

UnrealworldPB 04-23-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAINTBALL GUY 3 (Post 1801879)
On it!;)

Never deal with paintball discounters because your in Canada and they ship with UPS so shipping for one item is like $15+.