mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   What is the world coming to? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/159550-what-world-coming.html)

davehome333 04-23-2011 02:01 AM

What is the world coming to?

so I let my coworker borrow my LCD last weekend. He had a great time, and was very impressed with the marker, but when he gave the marker back today he told me that the people who ran the field were scarred to fill my conquest tank above 2000 psi (it has a current hydro) they said they had never seen an adjustable tank regulator, they had no idea what the second gauge was for and insisted that the regulator be loctited to the tank. Thankfully my coworker was able to keep the blue-goo away.

Im glad he had a good time, but wtf man? like, how can you run a painball field/shop whatever, and not be an expert on paintball?:old:

capitalpaintball 04-23-2011 02:13 AM

I have found that most paintball places are clueless, not just on classic stuff but on current gear as well.

tangus999 04-23-2011 03:38 AM

there are plenty of people who do not covet knowledge and instead freak out at the sight of something new to them.

sniper42 04-23-2011 04:11 AM

I am not sure of their recent policy but for the few years I have been going there, my local field, SC Village Paintball in Socal won't fill a 3.5oz paintball tank. This is a field that has been in business since the start and they won't fill my 3.5 because it is "too small".

heinous 04-23-2011 04:17 AM

whut.... too small for what? does it not require hydro and they're scared of tanks that aren't hydro'd? i can't think of any other reasons other than lack of knowledge.

shadow_772 04-23-2011 10:08 AM

Though I knew about things like this, its kinda pathetic...

scpaintballer01 04-23-2011 11:11 AM

i cant find anybody to time a cocker in these parts. It is odd.

pillage 04-23-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scpaintballer01 (Post 1801454)
i cant find anybody to time a cocker in these parts. It is odd.

Cocker owners should learn to do it themselves.:D

chopper duke 04-23-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davehome333 (Post 1801190)
so I let my coworker borrow my LCD last weekend. He had a great time, and was very impressed with the marker, but when he gave the marker back today he told me that the people who ran the field were scarred to fill my conquest tank above 2000 psi (it has a current hydro) they said they had never seen an adjustable tank regulator, they had no idea what the second gauge was for and insisted that the regulator be loctited to the tank. Thankfully my coworker was able to keep the blue-goo away.

Im glad he had a good time, but wtf man? like, how can you run a painball field/shop whatever, and not be an expert on paintball?:old:

Okay, this is just sad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniper42 (Post 1801278)
I am not sure of their recent policy but for the few years I have been going there, my local field, SC Village Paintball in Socal won't fill a 3.5oz paintball tank. This is a field that has been in business since the start and they won't fill my 3.5 because it is "too small".

A field I play at in Jax told me that filling 3.5 oz don't register on their scale. It doesn't pick up weight until 6oz and by then the 7oz and 9oz are typically past full. He filled it, but said it was tough.

skullcandy1993 04-23-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniper42 (Post 1801278)

Hell...I went to a field and they wouldnt fill my 9oz because it was "too small"

Luckily I had a 12oz with me that they would fill, but seriously...wtf?