mcarterbrown.com
 

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
the dude abides
 
davehome333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL

What is the world coming to?

so I let my coworker borrow my LCD last weekend. He had a great time, and was very impressed with the marker, but when he gave the marker back today he told me that the people who ran the field were scarred to fill my conquest tank above 2000 psi (it has a current hydro) they said they had never seen an adjustable tank regulator, they had no idea what the second gauge was for and insisted that the regulator be loctited to the tank. Thankfully my coworker was able to keep the blue-goo away.

Im glad he had a good time, but wtf man? like, how can you run a painball field/shop whatever, and not be an expert on paintball?

Last edited by davehome333; 04-23-2011 at 01:26 AM.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
capitalpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coventry R.I.

I have found that most paintball places are clueless, not just on classic stuff but on current gear as well.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
tangus999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cleveland ohio

there are plenty of people who do not covet knowledge and instead freak out at the sight of something new to them.
__________________
my mcb feedback
tangus999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend
 
sniper42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

I am not sure of their recent policy but for the few years I have been going there, my local field, SC Village Paintball in Socal won't fill a 3.5oz paintball tank. This is a field that has been in business since the start and they won't fill my 3.5 because it is "too small".
__________________
Anonymous Assassins Paintball TeamJust look for the pink shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback


Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
heinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

whut.... too small for what? does it not require hydro and they're scared of tanks that aren't hydro'd? i can't think of any other reasons other than lack of knowledge.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
shadow_772's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Over hill yonder'

Though I knew about things like this, its kinda pathetic...
__________________

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Active Member
 
scpaintballer01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008

i cant find anybody to time a cocker in these parts. It is odd.
__________________
I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
scpaintballer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
I've porked many
 
pillage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorktown, Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpaintballer01 View Post
i cant find anybody to time a cocker in these parts. It is odd.
Cocker owners should learn to do it themselves.
__________________
If meat is murder, I'll have a beer with the murder please.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com
 
chopper duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Metro ATL

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehome333 View Post
so I let my coworker borrow my LCD last weekend. He had a great time, and was very impressed with the marker, but when he gave the marker back today he told me that the people who ran the field were scarred to fill my conquest tank above 2000 psi (it has a current hydro) they said they had never seen an adjustable tank regulator, they had no idea what the second gauge was for and insisted that the regulator be loctited to the tank. Thankfully my coworker was able to keep the blue-goo away.

Im glad he had a good time, but wtf man? like, how can you run a painball field/shop whatever, and not be an expert on paintball?
Okay, this is just sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper42 View Post
I am not sure of their recent policy but for the few years I have been going there, my local field, SC Village Paintball in Socal won't fill a 3.5oz paintball tank. This is a field that has been in business since the start and they won't fill my 3.5 because it is "too small".
A field I play at in Jax told me that filling 3.5 oz don't register on their scale. It doesn't pick up weight until 6oz and by then the 7oz and 9oz are typically past full. He filled it, but said it was tough.
__________________
My: MCB feedback {total = 275+}

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Handgoon
 
skullcandy1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, ON

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper42 View Post
I am not sure of their recent policy but for the few years I have been going there, my local field, SC Village Paintball in Socal won't fill a 3.5oz paintball tank. This is a field that has been in business since the start and they won't fill my 3.5 because it is "too small".
Hell...I went to a field and they wouldnt fill my 9oz because it was "too small"

Luckily I had a 12oz with me that they would fill, but seriously...wtf?
__________________

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC