mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I mainly started this thread to kind of bring the importance of pads back to light. Does wearing pads make you look like a sissy? You may not look like John Rambo out there, but in my opinion, you look a hell of a lot more sissy with your leg in a cast.

Don't think it won't happen. It's only a matter of time. I've played for nearly five years and thank god that I haven't ever been injured until now, but I've seen many people get their knees and elbows shredded because they didn't wear pads.
MCB
TechPB
dmercure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #32 (permalink)
Reinventing the Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercure View Post
I mainly started this thread to kind of bring the importance of pads back to light. Does wearing pads make you look like a sissy? You may not look like John Rambo out there, but in my opinion, you look a hell of a lot more sissy with your leg in a cast.
Not from what I've seen. Padding is a tournament player's best friend.
LoopyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
Ginger Commander

Sissy? **** no!

You only look like a sissy if you are wearing pristine, unharmed, pads. Hell, you look like a total gaper if your gear is all clean.

My pads have holes in the hard caps and are held together with gorilla tape to keep them from falling apart. I used to draw stuff on them too but it only lasted a day before being abraded off. Used to write words of the day and stuff.

Nothing sissy looking about a big ginger dude doing a full baseball slide into a bunker across gravel.
Detachment Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

I just don't dive If I did people would try and roll me back towards the ocean.. either that or they would call 911 cause the old man fell down and can't get back up. I tripped up once and landed hard and separated 2 ribs.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detachment Bravo View Post
Sissy? **** no!

You only look like a sissy if you are wearing pristine, unharmed, pads. Hell, you look like a total gaper if your gear is all clean.

My pads have holes in the hard caps and are held together with gorilla tape to keep them from falling apart. I used to draw stuff on them too but it only lasted a day before being abraded off. Used to write words of the day and stuff.

Nothing sissy looking about a big ginger dude doing a full baseball slide into a bunker across gravel.
Well, haters gon' hate. There's always that one guy. It's that same guy who thinks motorcycle helmets and seat belts are pointless.
MCB
TechPB
dmercure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #36 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercure View Post
Well, haters gon' hate. There's always that one guy. It's that same guy who thinks motorcycle helmets and seat belts are pointless.
Bro don't get me started on that. I got moved from Jersey to Texas, I couldn't believe the idiots driving around with no helmet and just a T-shirt... especially with how horrible texas drivers are.

I'll wear my pads even when it hits the trips down here. Better sweaty and playing, then not playing at all.
:SCP:
:Ebay:

Last edited by golden220; 05-04-2011 at 11:22 PM.
golden220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #37 (permalink)

Can the dye kneepads be used stand-alone, with shorts?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

yeah, but keep in mind that most paintball knee pads aren't built for abrasion resistance, while the pants are. There's a chance you'll start tearing them after a while.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
yeah, but keep in mind that most paintball knee pads aren't built for abrasion resistance, while the pants are. There's a chance you'll start tearing them after a while.
Exactly.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #40 (permalink)
Ginger Commander

Unless the knee pads have an outer shell of cordura, kevlar, or some other abrasion resistant material they aren't going to hold up (if you have an aggressive style of play that is).
Detachment Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone