mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I remember, back in my semi-auto days, when I'd buy a case of Marbalizers every weekend. We've got a pretty trustworthy group so I didn't think twice about going inside for a minute while leaving my paint on the table. Long story short I came back outside and I found a $5 bill in place of where a bag of paint was and saw a kid walking back to his table with a bag of paint. I asked why he took it out of my box and his response was simple

"Well, consider it a profit for you."

LOLWUT?
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
Long story short I came back outside and I found a $5 bill in place of where a bag of paint was and saw a kid walking back to his table with a bag of paint. I asked why he took it out of my box and his response was simple

"Well, consider it a profit for you."

LOLWUT?
And then you proceeded to slap the kid right?
Lowballs are funny things, you kinda have to take it in stride.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

ha no, I just traded his money back for his paint when he was in the bathroom :P
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
ha no, I just traded his money back for his paint when he was in the bathroom :P
I would have called the field owner and have him thrown out. Oh an BTW I found $5 in my box of paint.

He can either get his $5 back and admit to stealing. Or he can get kicked out without his $5 and not admit to stealing.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

As to the OP, I'm confused why someone would block you for turning down their offer.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
As for old guns and not having too much value. Unless you have truly a classic they are not worth much.

I.e. If you had a 1993 Chevy Beretta do you think people are going to give you 30% of its original value? Doubt it. Now if you have a 1969 Shellby Mustang that is worth at least 150% original value no matter the condition.

Collector items = high value.

Same with paintball guns. DC2's to this day are still expensive.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
I got low-balled by a local on a chronograph.

My response was polite, pointing out fair market value and keeping the door open for him to offer.

His response:
What a douche-bag.
oh who was it!?!?!?!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

I have to play on a budget, so I do try to be fair when it comes to prices. I'll shoot someone an offer if I think their prices are high or sometimes I straight up tell them what I can afford at the moment. What really gets me is that an offer is made, alot of people do not know how to counter offer. Seems like bartering is starting to become a lost art.

The only other thing that really gets me is looking at my local craigslists and seeing all of these different spyders (clones as well) and tippmanns for outragious prices. The paintball market in this area blows as far as old school goodness is concerned.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
As for old guns and not having too much value. Unless you have truly a classic they are not worth much.

I.e. If you had a 1993 Chevy Beretta do you think people are going to give you 30% of its original value? Doubt it. Now if you have a 1969 Shellby Mustang that is worth at least 150% original value no matter the condition.

Collector items = high value.

Same with paintball guns. DC2's to this day are still expensive.
I'm going to have to disagree in general. Sure, some old guns sell for nothing. But many old guns still fetch a reasonable amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze View Post
As to the OP, I'm confused why someone would block you for turning down their offer.
People seem to like to get the last word in.

BST is a strange game. Sellers often overstate asking price in anticipation of lowball offers.

I just gave up on the whole notion of getting a deal here and purchased locally for half the best price MCBers listed in the 3 months I was shopping. I'd like to help a bro out but I'm a paintballer not a philanthropist.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone