mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Metadyne Havok gun mounts

I started out with my Metadyne havok launcher as an independant weapon slung over my back. In the first year, there were many times I got pissed having to drop my gun and unsling the launcher. I next mounted the gun on a Tac-mag. This sucked as, the rails on the gun were either too short, or at off angles that made it tricky to aim the launcher. I next tried the SP1 from Smartparts. Due to the plastic nature of that gun, I snapped the havok and rails off the body.

I am now looking for a good gun to mount my launcher on. I am just curious what other people have tried. I am staying away from the Tippy guns as they are normally heavy and adding the 3 lbs of havok can make them unbearable for me. Also, I liked the TM7 or similar, but I really would prefer to run the gun with an standard ASA with 2 airlines coming out. Those invert gun engines require the use of their ASA, which will not accommodate external lines for the havok.

Any story of how you have it set up would be great.
Raleighpaintball.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I mount my HAVOC on my A5 via a Metadyne Tri-rail mount. Its well supported and I run it off where the gauge would be off the side of the Stabilizer that is screwed into the tombstone.

Perhaps I should have read though your post more about tippmanns, lol.

I have also mounted it on a T9 MP7 as well.

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html

Last edited by Orpackrat; 05-09-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

I actually had an 2 man system set up the time that I owned mine.

I had a molle holster (RAP4 Pistol holster, the bottom was open enough that I could stuff the launcher there snuggly) horizontally on back and had it holstered there with a remote running to my tank. I was always suicide to run alone so more or less in big games, I'd have the medic, who usually ran really light anyway (pistol), stay nearby to pick up downed team members while everyone else just shot stuff. When a tank rolled nearby, it usually wasn't a big surprise since you could hear it from a distance. I'd have him rip the launcher off my back and have him fire it while I still had my gun up to cover him from other enemy players. Another setup was to have the launcher with a remote nipple on it and anyone who ran a remote (slide checks yay!) could sling their gun, plug their hose into my havoc and use it.

I can't imagine myself gunfighting ANYTHING with that huge thing on my gun. Might as well stick a camera on there and laugh about how the tank killed us FPS style.

Spec ops also makes a havoc leg holster (didnt exist when i had mine), might wanna give that a check.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Orpackrat, you have a LOT going on there. How the heck to manage with all that stuff on there????

To the OP, I was thinking a TM15 would be a pretty nice platform to work off of. I got in on one of the Havocs from Leadfoot's run of them, with the rifle and undermount kits. I don't have anything I want to mount it on at the moment, but the Tm15 keeps coming to mind. The only issue could be that there's no fittings for you to piggyback off of, like you mentioned. I plan on running mine with a 12gram changer, so it's no worries for me.

I know you mentioned avoiding Tippmanns, but maybe consider the Phenom? They're actually pretty light as well. But, same issue. No fittings. Seems to be the issue with just about everything I can think of.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Treadstone

AKA Fan
Not exactly the smallest or lightest set up but for a while I had my Havok mounted on a ATS AT-416. Whole hell of alot of fun but not practical by any means.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
That's a sick setup, Treadstone. I picked up the stubby barrel with my Havoc order, I have a feeling that would look awesome on there. Those things are terrifyingly loud, too. I was playing along side a fellow using an AT4 with a loudener at Tribal Conquest this year...almost deafening in a bunker.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
Orpackrat, you have a LOT going on there. How the heck to manage with all that stuff on there????
Its easy, of course, I can multitask easily too. That's the marker with it completely assembled, I don't run with it fully assembled though, I take the HAVOC off for night games and during the day, take the Green Laser and 1200 Lumen Tac Light off.

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Treadstone

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
That's a sick setup, Treadstone. I picked up the stubby barrel with my Havoc order, I have a feeling that would look awesome on there. Those things are terrifyingly loud, too. I was playing along side a fellow using an AT4 with a loudener at Tribal Conquest this year...almost deafening in a bunker.
LOL I heard him but couldn't find him.

My oldest daughter shoots an AT-10 with a loudner, can't get within 10 feet of the kid when she let's loose with that cannon.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Shoulder mount it, Predator-style? Or right on the spine like Boba Fett? Man, I'm a nerd...
Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Run with siccors!!

Send a message via Skype™ to Darth

I had mine on my Tac-Ion for a long time, never gave me any trouble, I think my field has em for like 20 now.

2011 D-Day Allied CEF CanScot
2012 D-Day Allied CEF Baker Coy.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone