mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Trusted Paintball Online Stores? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/161518-trusted-paintball-online-stores.html)

califlipinfornia 05-10-2011 09:31 PM

Trusted Paintball Online Stores?

Although I do prefer going to the (relatively) local paintball store, sometimes they just don't stock what I'm looking for or sell it in bulk. So my question is this: Which online stores do you use personally and why? Lately, it seems there are more flaky, disreputable sites than honest ones. Other than Palmers, Spec ops, and a few other sites, I'm pretty in the dark about where to buy from.

I've never ordered from but heard a lot of mixed reviews about
-ANS gear
-Paintball Online
-Paintball Gateway
-action village
-shop4paintball

pk5 05-10-2011 09:33 PM

Well that still depend on what you are trying to buy, what parts do you need that the local store can't special order?

heinous 05-10-2011 09:35 PM

i've bought from action village, through amazon, because i got a gift certificate there. it's fine.

98ssuck 05-10-2011 09:37 PM

Most of the gear I buy online is done on here. The only store I have ordered from is actionvillage two years ago. It was a good experience the only downside was customs fees were pretty bad about 30%. I chose them because at the time the g3 had just come down in price from 449 to 300 and they were the only one with it in stock.

califlipinfornia 05-10-2011 09:37 PM

Usually soft goods but sometimes misc gun parts. It's not really that they can't special order it, it's just that the stores aren't THAT local. About a 25 min drive. A drive that really, I'd be taking to do something I could have done at home.

sonixr7 05-10-2011 10:09 PM

I have ordered from and had good experiences with:

ANSGear.com
PaintballGateway.com
CompulsivePaintball.com

ANSGear and PaintballGateway have storefronts that I can go to if I have any problems with my order. CompulsivePaintball is on the east coast but I have ordered from them multiple times with no problem.

Here is what I go through:

Make sure the online store has a phone number that you can call.

Call them first to make sure that the item you want is available(i.e. right size, color, finish).

I usually ask how many of the item they have. You can be a little misleading and say that you are going to make a big purchase by telling them that you want multiples of the item you want.

Make sure that you can get a tracking number for you package.

Make the purchase through PayPal. PayPal provides buyer protection for your purchases.

When you receive your package, immediately test it(try it on, put air through it etc.). Be prepared with everything needed to test the item(have air in your tank, paint to shoot, batteries)

If there is a problem, give the store a call. Explain the problem, if they cannot fix it immediately, open up a claim with PayPal.

halob2 05-10-2011 10:29 PM

tippmannparts.com is very good, not sure if you are inquiring about that type of marker but they offer alot of other items as well. Good shipping, have ordered probably five times with no complaints whats so ever..

MIDWESTHIPPO117 05-10-2011 10:32 PM

tippmannparts.com and compulsive paintball are all i buy from (besides here)

evilkid94 05-10-2011 10:36 PM

Never had a problem with ansgear, in fact I just ordered from them today :D

Chubs 05-10-2011 10:39 PM

pbgateway has never let me down. :thumbup: