mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #111 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomarandil View Post
As has been mostly overlooked, the advantage to a pistol configuration is the size of the setup.. one handed shooting, less target profile, etc. On an airball field in particular, this is game-changing.

But what bugs me the most... is the attitude of MA. Nobody likes the rules being changed for one person because of his celebrity status... even less when said person brags that the rules have been changed on his behalf.

Lo
at least im not the only one who sees that. thanks Lo.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #112 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
I think this will take a lot away from any potential win.

And worse yet, it will hurt the already failing NPPL pump division.

Hopefully CPX is smart enough to get MA/AF a pump to use.

new gearbag sale - updated
Old 05-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #113 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have to agree with the 'haters' here. Changing/bending rules from what they were stated as is wrong. The Tiberius line of markers are not pumps, play nothing like pumps, and should not be in a 'pump' game.

Pump and pistol? Sure. That is a pump and pistol game.

I hope this is an issue of a horrible miscommunication on both their parts. I know I wouldn't play in the tournament if he were allowed the pistol purely on the grounds of going against the spirit of the rules.

And to be clear, my beef wouldn't be with the player carrying the pistol, but the judges who feel free to make up and change rules at will. If they can change a rule like that, then what stops them from deciding some player gets to bend/break another rule to their advantage?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #114 (permalink)
pump player(!!)

In my humble opinion I think a T8 would have an unfair advantage over say a T2 in certain cases, one that comes to mind:

- Two players facing each other in the snake, the T8 can easily hold the tape, where as the pump player has to have both hands on his pump if he wants to shoot more than one ball which, unless you're amazing with a pump, isn't easy (i'm talking about pumping with your elbows on the ground and simultaneously snapping).

that being said, call me old fashioned but the rules are rules, no semi means no semi. If you start bending the rules (especially seeing this is a national event, something people have put time, effort and money into) then getting all these "haters" "hating" is absolutly justified.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #115 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
but it's an open class tourney...read every logical post above for more arguements
You forgot to add the word PUMP after "open" and between "class"
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #116 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I told ya... The most bs I ever encountered is compromised of 95% pump players..
Lolzz sigh... For the record this is not a form of bragging, you are wrong, its pure Excitement! Not allowing these post to get to me.. This is the persistent life of a pistol player surrounded by negativity.
Players dont care about what you use... UNTIL YOU START BEATING THEM BADLY. THEN every excuse in the world surfaces... I've been called just about everything - Cheater, for using a pistol ; Super fast wiper for them missing; Cheapo for not buying a real gun; The swear words come out when I start flanking... and I responded by taking all of that negative energy , loading it in my magazine and firing that right back at them.

There is no satisfying people

I make a video ... Response : OMG BEATING UP ON WALK ONS (experienced players were disregarded)
I make another.. OMG NO SURRENDER RULE?!
I make another... OMG PLAY BETTER PPL (clearly experienced)
I make another... OMG THE MUSIC AND EFFECTS (cracks me up)

Attitudes like this kill the sport... In general, how about people stop whining and start supporting ; stop worrying about your own skills and help someone out on the field...
Whether I stand alone or lead the way I'M HERE TO STAY so get used to it...

I didn't ask to be in the NPPL ...the opportunity was handed to me... So the rules and regulations were taken care of prior to my enlistment.. You guys are only feeding me ammo...
Old 05-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #117 (permalink)
Post Whore

rock on dude
Old 05-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #118 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
hate to say it but your acting like a wanker mate, i have nouthing but respect for ya but please just use a pump in a pump torny as its sorta unfair+ maybe don't reply in a dickish way,
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
Old 05-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #119 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTANGELZ View Post
I told ya... The most bs I ever encountered is compromised of 95% pump players..
Lolzz sigh... For the record this is not a form of bragging, you are wrong, its pure Excitement! Not allowing these post to get to me.. This is the persistent life of a pistol player surrounded by negativity.
Players dont care about what you use... UNTIL YOU START BEATING THEM BADLY. THEN every excuse in the world surfaces... I've been called just about everything - Cheater, for using a pistol ; Super fast wiper for them missing; Cheapo for not buying a real gun; The swear words come out when I start flanking... and I responded by taking all of that negative energy , loading it in my magazine and firing that right back at them.

There is no satisfying people

I make a video ... Response : OMG BEATING UP ON WALK ONS (experienced players were disregarded)
I make another.. OMG NO SURRENDER RULE?!
I make another... OMG PLAY BETTER PPL (clearly experienced)
I make another... OMG THE MUSIC AND EFFECTS (cracks me up)

Attitudes like this kill the sport... In general, how about people stop whining and start supporting ; stop worrying about your own skills and help someone out on the field...
Whether I stand alone or lead the way I'M HERE TO STAY so get used to it...

I didn't ask to be in the NPPL ...the opportunity was handed to me... So the rules and regulations were taken care of prior to my enlistment.. You guys are only feeding me ammo...
No one insulted you in any of the ways you listed above. We are only stating that if they are going to let pistols in the division by changing the rules (not formally i might add) AFTER the registration deadline, they might as well just change the whole division to allow pumps and mechs. You know, that if ANY no name person asked to use a T8 in the NPPL pump division they would get laughed at and told no. Only because of who you are is why you are being allowed to do this. Cheers to you. Your important so you get to bend the rules.
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #120 (permalink)
Last Place

I'm sorry but if you want to use a mech semi (which I assume your pistol is) play in the open class with the other semis. Just my opion which means squat since I won't be playing. But if a person were to show up at a gravity leage event with a T8 and 4-5 mags I would not be too happy if Fluff let them play.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone